Rising Sun Church Of Christ
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|5||350||Rising Sun, IN United States|
mail [email protected]
phone (815) 438-3805
Rising Sun, IN 47040
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Children's||Childrens Director||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
We are looking for a full-time Children’s Ministry Director. The Vision for this postition is to develop young disciples for Christ by teaching equipping and leading students in Children’s ministry (in the areas of group building, discipleship, mission, and outreach) while serving as a spiritual leader and role model. The Children’s Director reports to the Head Minister for spiritual and ministry guidance. The Lead Minister works and communicates with the Elders. The Children’s Director and Youth Director are to work side by side and help one another. The Children’s Director will be responsible for leading students to spiritual maturity and teach Biblically sound teachings. Attendance at the following meetings is expected: Weekly Staff Meetings, Board Meetings, Elder’s Meetings, Annual Congregational Meeting.
The Primary Task: To set a vision to of the Children’s ministry at all levels (nursery-5th Grade) in all ministry areas of the local church. This comprehensive approach is based on the understanding of the primary task of Children’s ministry to:
- Meet and Love children where they are
- Encourage children in developing their own relationship with God
- Give them opportunities to grow in faith
- Mentor and train youth into future leaders
- Be an outlet for Children and Parents and educate the congregation about the hopes, concerns and needs of children in the local church and community.
- Be involved in the community in a number or ways (VBS going to games, Good News club, etc.)
- Help plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced Children’s ministry in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach.
- Be aware of resources for developing the Children ministry programming and participate in continuing education events and training opportunities.
- Recruit and train volunteers who work with Children in all aspects of children ministry and ensure adequate volunteer support.
- Coordinate Sunday school curriculum for children and recruit teachers.
- Work to effectively reach Children in the community and develop a strategic Children ministry outreach plan.
- Manage Children’s budget and other expenses
- Make yourself available to children in a variety of ways (i.e. lunch at school, attendance at extracurricular activities, visitation, times of crisis, etc.
- Be present at both services, and worship in at least one of them.
- Understand there maybe things out side this description that you may need to help in. (Office activates, Sunday morning events, outreach, etc)
Qualifications 1. Called by God. 2. Must embrace Christian discipline and Christian Church/Church of Christ doctrine and theology. 3. Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a Children’s ministry. 4. Must be a driven self-starter and hard worker. 5. Must be willing to work in a team environment. All Resumes Should be sent to [email protected]