Richwoods Christian Church
Highlighted in Christian Standard's 2018 list of "emerging megachurches," Richwoods Christian Church is a vibrant, joyful church that is teeming with young families, and it is known in the community for being a safe place for the unchurched and “over-churched” to find and follow Christ. RCC is a multi-site, non-denominational community of believers with roots in the Restoration Movement. This movement was built around a message that resounds today: a call to unite with other Christians, regardless of denominational constructs, seeking unity around biblical essentials and living together in grace in the gray areas. Or, as the saying goes: “In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, love.” Some other hallmarks of Independent Christian Churches are the celebration of communion at every worship service, and baptism by immersion. Richwoods started in September 1967 with a group of 25 people meeting in a basement. They moved into their first building in 1976, and then into their new, seeker-friendly campus in 2008. They experienced a period of astronomical growth, rapidly growing from 50 to 1500 people. After investing in a multi-site model for growth, Richwoods currently has four services across two campuses, and currently averages an attendance of around 1,100 a week.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|N/A||1,100||Peoria, IL USA|
mail [email protected]
Houston, TX 77098
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Preaching/Senior||Lead Pastor||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
Please find the full job description at https://www.vanderbloemen.com/job/richwoods-christian-church-lead-pastor.
About the Lead Pastor: As the primary leader and teacher of Richwoods Christian Church, the Lead Pastor will be an infectious Christian, a developer of leaders, and a very talented speaker/teacher and visionary.
The Lead Pastor will:
- Take personal responsibility for growing the church (both in numbers and spiritual growth).
- Be a talented speaker/teacher/preacher and able to consistently engage a large audience.
- Enthusiastically communicate the values and vision of Richwoods.
- Find, hire, and lead staff. Be constantly coaching and developing staff to improve.
- Be a leader of leaders and develop other leaders of leaders.
- Be involved in the community and expand Richwoods’ impact upon it.
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Lead Pastor, although the RCC leadership is excited to see what God may bring them.
What you bring:
- Education - The ideal candidate for this role will hold either an undergraduate or graduate degree from a Restoration Movement based college or seminary.
- Experience - The ideal candidate will have experience managing multiple staff members, leading or serving in leadership of a medium-to-large church, and will have experience in a multi-site model of church growth.
- Personal Characteristics - The ideal candidate will:
- Be devoted to being a growing disciple of Jesus.
- Display honesty and integrity beyond reproach.
- Have a good sense of humor, contagiously enjoy life, and weave fun into being a Christian.
- Enthusiastically agree with the beliefs and mission of Richwoods Christian Church.
- Understand and appreciate Restoration Movement principles and values. Be a “down-to-earth” people person.
- Candidate must truly enjoy people and be highly social.