Parkside Christian Church
Parkside Christian Church is part of a loose coalition of churches known as the Independent Christian Churches and Churches of Christ. Parkside was established in 1929 and has a history of health and growth through 90 years of her existence. We presently have a typical Sunday morning attendance of 550 – 600, including adults and children. Our present staff is made up of a full-time Senior Minister, Discipleship Minister, Pastoral Minister, Children’s Minister, and Student Minister. Two Administrative Assistants and a full-time Director of Facilities and Finance round out our staff.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|12||550-650||Cincinnati, OH USA|
phone (513) 231-9482
Cincinnati, OH 45230
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Tech Ministry||Creative Media Specialist||Paid Part-Time, Paid Full-Time||20-30|
The specific tasks involved in this position:
- Meet weekly with the Lead Minister and others to strategically plan the design and use of various media (short- and long-term use of media discussed and implemented).
- Facilitate the creation of rich video production for Parkside to share in services on Sundays, as well as on various social media platforms.
- Running the booth during both Sunday services, working closely with the Lead Minister and Worship Minister to do so.
- Help Parkside achieve the goal of having a streaming live service.
- Pursue proficiency in the areas of stage lighting, sound, and presentation software. Assist in these areas as needed.
- Supervise and work in conjunction with staff in the purchase, repair and maintenance, lighting and audio/visual equipment.
- Work with the staff on helping to craft digital media for strategic communication plans for major initiatives.
- Assimilate and submit requests and plans for the annual calendar/budget each spring.
- Attend ministerial staff meeting and staff development opportunities.
- Serve as needed (and as time allows) in other areas of ministry at Parkside.
Qualifications, skills and gifts:
- Demonstrates evidence of a Christ-like attitude in words and actions
- a follower and worshipper of Christ in a full and demonstrated way
- Have spiritual perspectives that are compatible with Parkside
- Dedicated to quality and excellence in all facets of media creation and technical expertise
Proven leadership skills:
- Confident in personal interactions
- Demonstrates ability to manage time well, as this position will be working with Parkside leadership as well as those part of the Parkside church body
- Reasonable experience in technical aspects of running an AV booth in a church setting
- Passionate about and in alignment with the mission, strategies and values of Parkside Christian Church; actively attends Parkside
- Willing and able to actively participate in a team-based staff environment
- Trustworthy, dependable, and willing to accept supervision and accountability to others
- Clears a full background and credit check
- Friendly, confident, positive demeanor that enjoys working with people
Responsible to: Lead Minister
Responsible for: All Aspects of Parkside’s Visual and Creative Media
General Description: Lead the innovative use of various media types to help share Parkside’s vision and values
Hours: This is a salaried position working 25+ hours per week with the potential for health care benefits. Office hours are 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. One day off out of the work week is afforded with Saturday as a flex day and Sunday as a work day. Daytime office hours can be flexed, understanding that some regular evening hours may be a necessity.
Applications will be received from now until May 31st, 2019.