Outlook Christian Church
Outlook Christian Church has been a part of the community for over 100 years. Located east of Indianapolis, IN in McCordsville, IN, it is located near many activities, housing developments, schools, etc. McCordsville is a fast growing area!
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|15||800||McCordsville, IN USA|
phone (317) 335-6815
McCordsville, IN 46055
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Other||Communications Director||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
The Communications Director
Lead the development and implementation of strategies, processes, systems, standards, and tools in order to maximize the effectiveness of Outlook’s communication regarding:
• our mission, vision, and values
• major church initiatives as well as general information
• specific promotion of church events, activities, and programs
• external marketing and advertising
Oversee the creation, design, and production of all church media--ensuring that all stays up-to-date, aligned, and engaging--including but not limited to:
• weekly bulletin and inserts
• any other printed material for church-wide or public consumption
• church website(s) [currently one: outlookchurch.org]
• videos, including shooting, editing and producing video for various purposes
• social media
• church app (to be developed)
• screens and monitors throughout building
• banners, graphics, and other “atmosphere” design elements throughout campus
Steward and manage the church’s brand/identity in
• marketing, advertising, and outreach efforts
• the use of the Outlook logo
• the consistency in appearance of publications and use of related logos
• signage, business cards, envelopes, stationary, mailers, etc.
• “atmosphere” design elements throughout campus.
Other responsibilities include:
• Participating in the life of the Outlook staff
• Joining in regular meetings
• Attending ongoing development and training as agreed
• Other duties concerning communications as assigned
Strengthen various Outlook ministries by working with ministers to create communications plans that help facilitate engagement. Collaborate with the Worship Arts Minister and teams on worship-service-related projects and video projects. Establish and maintain a thorough understanding of the various communications mediums available and adapt to necessary changes, always aiming for improvement. Stay educated regarding emerging communication and marketing trends and best practices regarding the use of relevant technology in the church context. Step in to fulfill the duties of anyone under his/her charge when that person in unable or unavailable. Build and oversee volunteer teams of photographers and videographers, copywriters and editors, graphic artists and designers, web developers and administrators, and other teams as needed.
A background in journalism, graphic design, marketing, advertising, brand management, or corporate communications is highly desirable. An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in any of the above fields greatly preferred. Strong computer and design skills. Ministry experience as a volunteer or staff member in developing and implementing communication strategies for a church or para-church organization is preferred, but such experience in the corporate setting would also prove valuable. Interested? Please send your resume and any applicable references and supporting materials/portfolio to Betty at email@example.com.