Osage Hills Christian Church
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|3||150||Tulsa, OK USA|
mail [email protected]
phone (918) 913-1577
Tulsa, OK 74127
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Children's, Youth||Youth and Family Intern||Internship||30-40+|
Within this position, the intern will gain experience in leading, teaching, and developing a youth and family ministry within an atmosphere that is intentional about the development of the intern. Working with Osage Hills’ pastoral staff, the intern will have the opportunity to use their gifts to plan and lead several events, teach kids and students in large and small group settings, and attend summer camp. The intern will learn how to work in a small staff environment and be able to grow in and utilize administrative skills consistent with ministry. Throughout the summer, the intern will also be provided opportunities for further growth and development through several avenues in the church and the community.
The position entails the following:
- Develop Christ-honoring relationships with volunteers and students.
- Regularly encourage children, students and volunteers in their discipleship journey.
- Seek to know the children and students on a personal level by the end of the summer.
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Weekly mentor meetings with the Senior Minister and Youth and Family Minster.
- Personal development in exercising spiritual disciplines.
- Attend elders’ meetings as directed by Youth and Family Minister.
- Be in attendance for all Sunday worship services and ministry activities for the summer.
- Planning, coordinating, and executing events with students and children as directed.
- Preparing and delivering Sunday school lessons and leading Kids' Worship.
- Learn and develop administrative skills such as creating a calendar, developing a teaching schedule, and planning a ministry budget.
- Attend and participate in summer conference and camps.
- Shadow staff members to learn about the various ministry functions of the church (including pastoral lunches to hear more about the pastor’s ministry area and be invested in).
The Youth and Family Intern at Osage Hills will work under the Youth and Family Minster to further the mission of the church, "We are a group of imperfect people, each with a unique story and in a different place in our walk with Christ. We strive to meet others where they live, so they can know Jesus. We believe that church is not a place you go but a place you come from." The Osage Hills Youth and Family Ministry Summer Intern position is a paid summer internship aimed at fostering the growth and development of a person who is looking to advance the Kingdom through the local church and the community they live in.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter detailing their interest as well as listing any current or past ministry experiences to [email protected] no later than Monday, March 9th, 2020.