Ozark Christian College
OCC is focused Bible college in southwest Missouri.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|Ozark Christian College||600-700||Joplin, MO|
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Christian School||OCC Student Success Coordinator||Paid Part-Time||20-30|
Position Title: Student Success Coordinator
Department: Student Affairs
Reports to: VP of Student Affairs
The Student Success Coordinator (SSC) is expected to have a vital interest in student retention and success at OCC. Primarily positioned in the Mabee Student Center (Stu), the SSC will oversee the management of the Stu, from its business aspects (inventory, merchandise, sales, etc.), to the coordination and leadership of student employees, to its functionality as a place for students to hang out, socialize, and feel at home. Additionally, the SSC will work closely with the Vice President of Student Affairs (VPSA) to proactively support the persistence, retention, and success of the student body with a particular emphasis on second year students.
B. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the business operations of the Stu
- Order and maintain inventory levels, anticipating special on-campus events in addition to regular traffic and sales patterns
- Turn in to the Business Office detailed accounting on a weekly basis, including sales reports, cash revenue for deposits, and other expenses incurred
- Interview and hire student workers, with the approval of the VPSA and Office of Human Resources. Oversee the scheduling, responsibilities, and work of the student workers
- Keep the environment tidy, orderly, and welcoming to the student community
- Maintain a list of janitorial/cleaning responsibilities and ensure the Student Center stays clean and presentable at all times
- Oversee the inventory of the vending machines and call the vendors to restock or service as needed
- Oversee the Mabee Student Center Facebook and Twitter pages, keeping content current and relevant to students and campus life
- Build relationships with students through your presence in the Stu with an intentional purpose of encouraging them and supporting their success
- Proactively reach out to and support second year students with the goal of having an intentional conversation with every second year student each semester
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
C. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Passion for college students, especially the unique needs and concerns of second-year students
- Use of computers to run sales reports, accurately record data in Excel, and track patterns and anticipate needs
- Use of point of sale system, and ability to train employees on the system
- Ability to manage a budget
- Ability to manage a staff of student workers, setting a work schedule, and overseeing the effectiveness of assigned tasks
D. Supervision (if applicable):
- Number of Employees Supervised
- Directly: six to ten part-time student workers
- Indirectly: zero
- Total: six to ten
E. Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- None required beyond the stated Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
F. Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- Environment can be noisy at times. Crowds of students between classes in the mornings.
- Will need to lift carafes of coffee, up to two gallons at a time.
- May need to move furniture for special events or activities.
- Will operate coffee machines with hot water, and popcorn machine with hot surfaces and parts.
- Repeated sitting and standing.
Part-time position. Submit a cover letter, resume, and OCC application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled. No walk-in applicants.