Ozark Christian College
OCC is a focused Bible college in southwest Missouri.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|Ozark Christian College||600-700||Joplin, MO|
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Christian School||OCC Physical Plant Department Administrative Assistant||Paid Part-Time||20-30|
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Department: Physical Plant
Reports to: Director of Physical Plant
This role will provide administrative support to the Director of Physical Plant, Assistant Director of Physical Plant, Custodial Supervisor, and the Grounds Supervisor. This position often serves as the point of contact for other college staff as well as external vendors.
B. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives incoming phone calls, directs those calls as needed, takes messages for other PPD staff as needed, and monitors radio traffic.
- Enters information electronically for work orders and budget assignments, as well as any needed memos, letters, or web research needs.
- Expedites incoming and outgoing mail and delivers and receives department purchase requisitions, check requests, and related duties to the Business Office.
- Records and calculates employee time worked on a daily basis from the electronic time management system. Issues time cards on a daily basis.
- Monitors and turns in the monthly reports for fuel usage, fuel cards, company tax credits or debits, and service transfers.
- Maintains fleet transportation, with area supervisor, for campus vehicle usage. Receives and records vehicle requests.
- Assists in key issuing and receiving. May monitor equipment and tool requests.
- Monitors and organizes the file cabinets, paper, and department forms.
- Assists the Physical Plant Director or Campus Operations Director in the various assigned tasks or special projects, as needed.
- Assists Director of Physical Plant with data entry and reporting needs on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
C. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer and in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Proficient in proofing and editing documents and letters
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to write business letters
- Pleasant conversationalist in person and via telephone
- Must have a genuine desire to deal effectively and cooperatively with all college staff as well as the public
- Ability to create and manage digital and paper filing systems
- Completely trustworthy with confidential information
- Able to work independently, organize workload according to the deadline or by the urgency of the matter
- Collaborative team spirit
- Positive, optimistic approach to problem-solving
D. Supervision (if applicable):
- Directly: 0
- Indirectly: 0
- Total: 0
E. Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of two years prior experience in an office setting with administrative tasks required
F. Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
This position is primarily in an office setting. In this role, there will be routine use of office equipment such as photocopier, scanner, telephone system, and filing system. This position will work daily on a computer while sitting at a desk. Must be able to focus and concentrate on the computer screen with precision. Reaching, stooping, standing, kneeling, bending, twisting, and walking are all required of this role. This candidate must be able to safely lift 20 pounds.
Part-time position. Submit a cover letter, resume, and OCC application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled. No walk-in applicants.