Ozark Christian College
OCC is focused Bible college in southwest Missouri.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|Ozark Christian College||600-700||Joplin, MO United States|
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Christian School||OCC Online Course Developer - Music Appreciation||N/A||N/A|
Position Title: Online Course Developer - Music Appreciation
Department: Online Learning
Reports to: Dean of Online Learning
Online course developers are contracted on a per course basis and support the mission of Ozark Christian College by creating online courses and course materials that align with the online degree program curriculum and the college’s learning outcomes.
B. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Successfully complete training requirements provided by Ozark Christian College for the purposes of designing and developing effective online courses.
- Design and create a complete online course and all relevant learning and assessment objects that adhere to Ozark Christian College standards (in academic rigor and online quality) for a given level of undergraduate online education. This includes, but is not limited to: a satisfactory course syllabus, course expectations, lectures, required lessons, assignments, examinations and other assessments with answer keys, all rubrics, and any other study materials deemed necessary, beneficial, or appropriate.
- Willingness to teach the created online course the first time it is offered.
C. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Sufficient requisite subject knowledge for the course(s) being contracted to teach.
- Awareness of common characteristics of adult learners.Strong belief that technology can be used to stimulate effective learning experiences.
- Commitment to designing learning environments, assignments, and resources that facilitate active learning theory and multiple learning styles.
- Course planning that leads to effective student learning.
- Assessment of student learning.
- Familiarity with LMS environments or ability to learn technology quickly.
- Supports the mission, vision, and curriculum of Ozark Christian College.
- Upholds the stated quality standards and requirements for online courses.
- Effective time management habits and ability to achieve agreed upon deadlines.
- Ability to work alongside an instructional designer.
- Demonstrates a professional disposition.
- Demonstrates Christlike humility and an eagerness to learn and improve.
D. Supervision (if applicable):
E. Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
An earned, accredited graduate degree with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in a field relevant to the area of teaching.
F. Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- Travel to campus is not required.
- Must have visual and auditory acuity (mediated or otherwise) within normal ranges. Must be able to focus on a computer screen for periods of time and work through interruptions.
Submit application, CV, reference, and transcript to email@example.com.