Ozark Christian College
OCC is a focused Bible college in Southwest Missouri.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|Ozark Christian College||600-700||Joplin, MO|
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Christian School||OCC Music and Theory Adjunct Faculty||Paid Part-Time||N/A|
Position Title: Adjunct Faculty - Music Theory
Department: Worship and Creative Arts
Teach the following courses: Music Theory and Skills; participate in departmental events.
B. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach courses in Music Theory and Skills. (90%)
- Develop and design curriculum plans to foster student learning, stimulate class discussions, and ensure student engagement.
- Evaluate student coursework and motivate students for continued progress.
- Develop syllabi and ensure that course requirements are met.
- Maintain class-related records and assesses student coursework. (5%)
- Participate in departmental faculty meetings and events (e.g. recitals and juries). (5%)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
C. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge: broad knowledge of music (theory, history, repertoire)
Skills: aptitude for teaching college students
Abilities: enthusiasm, patience, creativity, and excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
D. Supervision (if applicable):
E. Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Master’s degree in subject area, and/or relevant experience
F. Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Work is indoors in a studio office and classroom.
To apply, submit this application with cover letter, CV, and transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.