Ozark Christian College
Ozark Christian College is a focused Bible college in southwest Missouri.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|Ozark Christian College||600-700||Joplin, Missouri|
mail [email protected]
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Christian School||OCC Maintenance Supervisor||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
Position Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Department: Physical Plant
Reports to: Physical Plant Director
The mission of the Physical Plant Department is to operate, maintain, and renew campus facilities to provide clean, safe, healthy, attractive, and productive environments for the learning and living of students and the teaching and working of staff. Institutional Goals supported by Department: IG 3, 5
Assist the Director of Physical Plant in maintaining a consistent, corrective, and preventive maintenance schedule of tasks and projects. Oversee maintenance personnel in job-related issues and safety regulations.
B. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate, and assign the daily work schedule of employees, ensure their proper work, and communicate regularly with them.
- Follow up on and inspect completed or incomplete tasks or jobs performed. Assist as necessary.
- Enforce safety work rules and habits and conduct training sessions as needed in procedures or equipment usage.
- Assist the Director of Physical Plant in scheduling and coordination of special projects, renovations, or events. May oversee the given budget constraints in tracking receipts and purchase requisitions to maintain them within budget.
- Be involved in any work accepted or performed by outside contractors and assist as needed. May be involved in the quoting process to ensure quality and price.
- Oversee the given inventory items or parts to see that maintenance area employees maintain them regularly and that they have followed up with cost and product comparison to ensure good stewardship of school funds.
- Accept delegated duties as needed from the Director of Physical Plant or Campus Operations Director.
- Complete assigned work orders or given projects as needed.
- Have routine meetings with the Director of Physical Plant for updates and communication.
- Oversee the cleanliness and organization of given shop areas and ensure given personnel vehicles are maintained as required.
- Ensure that any accumulated metal scrap or related items are disposed of properly as needed.
- Ensure that maintenance personnel clean up after given assignments or projects. May assist other department supervisors in the coordination of cleanup or disposal procedures.
- Continue training in assigned fields or special areas. Attend seminars or training workshops as needed.
C. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be capable of operating standard tools
- Must display effective communication and organizational skills
- Must be able to give, receive, and follow detailed instructions and ensure detailed instructions are followed
- Direct supervision: 3
- Indirect supervision: 0
- Total: 3
E. Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school graduate
- Four years as a maintenance technician
- Experience in carpentry, plumbing, painting, concrete, electrical, and roofing
- Experience in planning and implementing preventive procedures
F. Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
May be required to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in various forms. Required to stand and/or be in continuous motion for extended periods of time while performing job functions with physical endurance. Must be capable of working under pressure and organizing and planning efficiently. Must be able to concentrate and plan for extended periods of time. Must be able to climb stairs regularly throughout the day. Must be knowledgeable of and able to work with chemicals and flammable materials. Must be capable of working in extreme hot and cold temperatures and wearing safety glasses, a mask, and gloves as needed.
To apply for this full-time role, send this OCC application, resume, and cover letter to [email protected] Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No walk-in applicants.