Ozark Christian College
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|Ozark Christian College||600-700||Joplin, Missouri|
mail [email protected]
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Christian School||OCC Guitar Instructor||Paid Part-Time||N/A|
Position Title: Guitar Instructor
Department: Creative and Worship Arts
Reports to: Director of Creative and Worship Arts
The mission of the Worship and Creative Arts Department is to provide training, leadership, and performance opportunities for students to develop their creative talents through events that advance the overall mission of the institution. Institutional Goals supported by Department: IG 2, 3, 4
The guitar instructor will contribute to the student’s knowledge of music and technical ability on the guitar, as well as encouraging their creativity and passion for music by facilitating individual guitar lessons.
B. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach private guitar lessons.
- Select appropriate repertoire, plan, and provide lessons in relation to individual student needs.
- Teach skills specific to electric and bass guitar as needed.
- Evaluate and motivate students for continued progress.
- Develop a syllabus and ensure that course requirements are met and assessments completed.
- Prepare students for juries and recitals.
- Assign grades and record student attendance.
- Participate in departmental faculty meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
C. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have a broad knowledge of music (theory, history, repertoire) and specialized knowledge of the guitar.
- Must exhibit mastery of the guitar with an aptitude for teaching college students
- Must have the ability to teach, evaluate and motivate students to achieve competence in playing the guitar; enthusiasm, patience, creativity, and excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
D. Supervision (if applicable):
- Directly: 0
- Indirectly: 0
- Total: 0
E. Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Some college education is preferred, but the primary requirement is skill at performing and teaching guitar skills.
F. Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
This role will work primarily indoors in classrooms, office, meeting rooms, and in an on-campus studio. The role may require standing for extended periods of time during the lessons. There will be prolonged periods of sitting from a chair or stool. There will be some work on a computer so the ability to work from electronic devices without extreme strain or fatigue is required. At times, there could be a need for use of the office equipment. Such equipment could include the use of copiers, printers, and landline telephones.
This is a part-time position that is paid per lesson. This position will run parallel with the academic semester. Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and OCC application to [email protected] The position will remain open until filled. No walk-in applicants.