Ozark Christian College
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|Ozark Christian College||600-700||Joplin, Missouri|
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Christian School||OCC Guitar Instructor||Paid Part-Time||N/A|
Position Title: Guitar Instructor
The guitar instructor will contribute to the student’s knowledge of music and technical ability on the guitar, as well as encouraging their creativity and passion for music by facilitating individual guitar lessons.
B. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach private guitar lessons. (80%)
- Select appropriate repertoire, plan and provide lessons in relation to individual student needs.
- Teach skills specific to electric and bass guitar as needed.
- Evaluate and motivate students for continued progress.
- Develop a syllabus and ensure that course requirements are met and assessments completed.
- Prepare students for juries and recitals. (10%)
- Assign grades and record student attendance. (5%)
- Participate in departmental faculty meetings. (5%)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
C. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have a broad knowledge of music (theory, history, repertoire) and specialized knowledge of the guitar.
- Must exhibit mastery of the guitar with an aptitude for teaching college students
- Must have the ability to teach, evaluate and motivate students to achieve competence in playing the guitar; enthusiasm, patience, creativity, and excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
D. Supervision (if applicable):
E. Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Some college education preferred, but the primary requirement is skill at performing and teaching the guitar.
F. Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Work is indoors in a studio office.
This is a part-time position that is paid per lesson. This position will run parallel with the academic semester. Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and OCC application to email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled. No walk-in applicants.