Ozark Christian College
Ozark Christian College is a focused Bible college in Southwest Missouri.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|Ozark Christian College||600-700||Joplin, Missouri|
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Christian School||OCC Financial Aid Processor||Paid Part-Time||20-30|
Position Title: Financial Aid Processor
Department: Student Financial Services
Reports to: Student Financial Services Director
Serves as a resource for students and parents regarding the FAFSA process. Processes results of the FAFSAs received and handles communication with students regarding documents needed to complete their financial aid files. This position will interpret departmental, college, and federal policies pertaining to financial services, including verification.
B. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process ISIRs (the result of FAFSA), including verification on all files selected and resolving any conflicting information.
- Communicate clearly with parents/students when FAFSA has been received, what forms are needed, and when they can expect to receive the award package.
- Assist in performing verifications as needed.
- Maintain student financial aid files: create, color code, and file documents and monitor files for proper record retention.
- Assist Student Account Manager with calling, emailing, or texting students that are delinquent to help make them current.
C. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret data to shape customer service strategies
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally, in writing, and over the telephone
- Strong planning and organizational skills, detail-oriented
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications
- Ability to learn and apply institutional policies and procedures
- Ability to demonstrate self-direction and motivation
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, team-oriented, working relationships
D. Supervision (if applicable):
E. Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or GED and at least two years of customer service and clerical experience. Experience working with IRS Tax Returns a plus.
F. Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- Occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
- Must be able to work in a climate-controlled office environment.
- Vision must be good or corrected to normal to perform normal job duties.
- Hearing must be good to have the ability to understand information to perform job duties.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Manual dexterity needed for keyboarding and other repetitive tasks.
Part-time position with part-time benefits. Submit cover letter, resume, and OCC application to email@example.com. Accepting applications until the position is filled. No walk-in applicants.