Ozark Christian College
Ozark Christian College is a focused Bible college in southwest Missouri.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|Ozark Christian College||600-700||Joplin, Missouri United States|
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Christian School||OCC Faculty: Biblical Communication and New Testament||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
Position Title: Full-time Faculty in the area of Biblical Communication/New Testament
Reports to: Executive Vice President of Academics
The role of the faculty of Ozark Christian College is one of spiritual leadership as well as academic instruction. Faculty are expected to meet the teaching/classroom expectations, research/service expectations, and participate in the shared governance of academics as outlined in the Faculty Handbook.
B. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach a course workload calculation of 24 credit hours per year as assigned by the Academic Dean
- Faculty Service up to twice a month during the academic year and serve at least three weeks during the summer in order to bless and maintain a close relationship with the church, model Christian service, and recruit future students. (Acceptable equivalence may be determined in consultation with the EVP of Academics.)
- Accept committee assignments, complete student learning assessments, and participate in other special responsibilities
- Post and maintain the hours available for student consultation
- Advise an appropriate number of students
- Affirm agreement with and sign the Statement of Faith
- Abide by all of the policies and procedures in the OCC Personnel Handbook and Faculty Handbook
C. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the subjects and topic taught to stay current in their academic discipline
- Able to integrate biblical principles and a Christian worldview into all aspects of education
- Able to communicate effectively in written and oral form
- Able to utilize appropriate and varied teaching methods
- Keep course materials up-to-date and use instructional technology
- Able to collaborate with other faculty and staff members and maintain collegial relations
- Able to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information
- Model a Christ-centered life
- Respect for students and college personnel
- Cultivate appropriate relationships with students
D. Supervision (if applicable):
- Number of Employees Supervised
- Directly: 1, if approved for a student grader
- Indirectly: 0
- Total: 1
E. Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Ozark Christian College seeks faculty members who have had experience in ministry as well as an earned graduate degree with at least 18 hours in the area of their teaching. To meet the minimum qualification to teach in the area of professional studies, at least 7 years of experience may be considered in lieu of an earned graduate degree. We seek men and women who believe in New Testament Christianity and are actively worshiping and serving in a local congregation and whose moral and personal life is above reproach.
F. Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
This role will routinely work indoors in classrooms, offices, meeting rooms, and libraries. They may stand for long periods while teaching in the classroom, but otherwise, may remain seated while at work. The professor will regularly be on a laptop or computer for many of their primary duties. The ability to work from such electronic devices without extreme eye strain or fatigue is a must. Comfortability working from electronic devices is a must in order to complete the duties of this role. In-office work will require the use of standard office equipment such as copiers, landline telephones, and printers. Must be able to travel occasionally for college-related business.
To apply for this full-time position, submit a CV, cover letter, and this OCC employment application to email@example.com. Accepting applications until the position is filled. No walk-in applicants.