Ozark Christian College
Ozark Christian College is a focused Bible college in southwest Missouri.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|Ozark Christian College||600-700||Joplin, Missouri United States|
mail [email protected]
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Christian School||OCC Events and Hospitality Assistant||Paid Part-Time||10-15|
Position Title: Events and Hospitality Assistant
Reports to: Director of Events and Hospitality
The Events and Hospitality Assistant will assist the Director of Events and Hospitality during each academic semester. The daily work will be assisting with hospitality-specific needs for events on campus during events season, as well as assistance with campus reservations and managing the campus calendar. This role will work part-time approximately 15 hours per week.
B. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tending to hospitality needs leading up to and during events on campus (registration, check-in, hospitality spaces, green rooms, etc.)
- Managing and tending to registration needs for on-campus events
- Managing and organizing reservation requests for internal and external events
- Assisting with oversight of the campus calendar and reservation details
- Performing other duties as assigned.
C. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer and Google Drive programs (e.g., Google docs, Google calendar, Google forms, etc.)
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work through interruption
- Collaborative team spirit
- Positive and optimistic approach to problem-solving
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Pleasant conversationalist in person and via telephone
- Genuine desire to deal effectively and cooperatively with all college staff and the public
D. Supervision (if applicable):
- Directly: 0
- Indirectly: 0
- Total: 0
E. Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
F. Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
This position is primarily in an office setting. In this role, there will be routine use of office equipment such as a photocopier, scanner, and telephone system. It will require, on occasion, safely lifting of up to 30 pounds. The ability to work indoors as well as outdoors during any weather condition for events hosted by Ozark Christian College will be a routine part of this role.
To apply for this part-time role, send this OCC application, resume, and cover letter to [email protected] Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No walk-in applicants.