Ozark Christian College
Ozark Christian College is a focused Bible college in southwest Missouri.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|Ozark Christian College||600-700||Joplin, Missouri|
mail [email protected]
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Christian School||OCC Director of Donor Engagement||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
Position Title: Director of Donor Engagement
Reports to: Executive Vice President of Advancement
The mission of the Donor Engagement Department is to provide strong community relations, resource development, and donor-centered fundraising with churches, alumni, and friends of the college. Institutional Goals supported by Department: IG 4, 5
The Director of Donor Engagement is responsible for directing the staff, systems, and strategies of the donor engagement team. This individual will significantly advance the mission of the college through the cultivation of existing and new donors (individuals, organizations, and churches) and the funding of our annual fund and other key initiatives. Regular travel will be required of this position.
B. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively lead the donor engagement team toward the collaborative goals set forth in the annual strategic plan.
- Oversee the execution of strategies, policies, systems, and day-to-day operations of the donor engagement department.
- Cultivate personal/professional relationships with staff, existing donors, and donor prospects.
- Facilitate growth of our donor base and long-term financial goals.
- Remain up-to-date with development trends and regulations (personal training, networking, consultants, etc.).
- Assist the President and Executive Vice President in the execution of capital campaigns and various other fundraising initiatives.
C. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work collaboratively toward established goals
- Ability to develop solicitation strategies
- Working knowledge of project management
- Written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in use of personal computer and in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Positive and optimistic approach to problem-solving
- Collaborative team spirit
D. Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Graduate degree preferred
- Three years prior experience in fundraising, capital campaign management, and/or philanthropic initiatives preferred
- Prior college or university work experience a plus
- Valid driver’s license required
E. Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
This position is primarily in a professional office setting. In this role, there will be routine use of office equipment such as photocopier, scanner, telephone system, and filing system. There is prolonged use of a computer while sitting at a desk. Must be able to focus and concentrate on the computer screen with precision. Reaching, stooping, standing, kneeling, bending, twisting, and walking are all required of this role. Travel will be a routine part of this role and the ability to travel with little to no accommodation is a must.
To apply, send this OCC application, resume, and cover letter to [email protected] This is a full-time position with benefits, and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No walk-in applicants.