Ozark Christian College
Ozark Christian College is a focused Bible college in southwest Missouri.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|Ozark Christian College||N/A||Joplin, MO USA|
mail [email protected]
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Christian School||OCC Cook (Non-permanent)||Paid Part-Time||20-30|
Position Title: Cook - Nonpermanent
Department: Dining Services
Reports to: Dining Services Director
The mission of OCC Dining Services is to encourage physical wholeness by providing high-quality, nutritious food, and excellent Christ-centered service at an exceptional value for our students, staff, and guests.
The Dining Hall Cook prepares and presents consistent and great-tasting food for all dining hall consumers. The cook, in cooperation with all dining hall staff, will ensure that we maintain the highest sanitation and safety standards as determined by Health Department regulations. The role of the cook will be essential in serving the consumer with safe and healthy meals as determined by the Dining Hall Director. This is a fast-paced role requiring a collaborative team spirit and strong leadership skills.
B. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all recipes, procedures, storage, rotation, and product specifications are followed on a daily basis to ensure guests dine on high-quality meals
- Ensure food is served with the highest quality in a timely fashion
- Maintain quantity and quality of all food being served according to the daily need as well as some banquet preparation for a larger scale of consumers
- Ensure a meticulously clean and safe food preparation area to be in accordance with all Health Department guidelines
- Follow proper safety food storage and labeling procedures
- Ensure all ingredients and supplies are fully stocked and order as needed
- Manage student workers to keep on task and finish duties
- Responsible to inform the director of equipment needs and repairs
- Other duties as assigned
C. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Recipe knowledge and comfortability to follow recipe directions at a fast pace
- Ability to multiply a recipe to increase the yield for events and larger luncheons
- Ability to adhere to all safety protocol in every aspect of food preparation and cooking
- Must have a positive and optimistic approach to problem-solving and ability to gently but firmly lead others
- Must be able to slice and dice foods with precision to ensure the utmost safety to oneself as well as others
D. Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Experience in using standard kitchen preparation items including cutting tools, bakeware, and ovens
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods such as boiling, grilling, baking, and frying
- One year prior knowledge of various cooking and baking procedures and methods
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures to ensure clean work areas with little to no continued direction while maintaining all chemical safety protocol
- Collaborative team spirit and ability to resolve conflict quickly
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly when giving direction
- Overall good physical condition and stamina
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Diploma from a culinary school would yield a great advantage to the candidate
E. Work Environment and Physical:
This position will function primarily in a kitchen setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle various kitchen objects, and engage in two-way communication. The Dining Hall Cook is required to reach with hands and arms carrying varied weight amounts up to 50 pounds and continuously uses hand strength to grasp utensils and carry pots and pans. This position will have to squat, stoop, kneel, reach above the head, and reach out to the side and in front of their body. This position will regularly bend and twist at the neck and trunk more than the average person. This position is also required to be on their feet for extended periods of time while maintaining a satisfactory speed of work. The employee may occasionally work with toxic chemicals such as degreasers and sprays and must be able to exercise extreme chemical safety to ensure their wellbeing as well as other staff. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and this position will need the ability to concentrate and remain on-task at all times while preparing the meals.
To apply for this nonpermanent role, send this OCC application, resume, and cover letter to [email protected] Candidate must have prior food service experience. This position is part-time and temporary (April-June), and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No walk-in applicants.