Ozark Christian College
Ozark Christian College is a focused Bible college in southwest Missouri.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|Ozark Christian College||600-700||Joplin, MO|
mail [email protected]
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Christian School||OCC Bookstore Clerk||Paid Part-Time||20-30|
Position Title: Bookstore Clerk
Reports to: Bookstore Director and Bookstore Assistant Director
The mission of the Bookstore is to provide a convenient and efficient source for textbooks, school supplies, official school merchandise, and biblical resources for students, faculty, staff, alumni, and area churches. Institutional Goals supported by Department: IG 2, 4, 5
The Bookstore clerk is the frontline contact with customers. They are responsible for greeting the customers and helping them to have a satisfying experience in our store. This position is key to keeping the store clean and in an orderly fashion for our customers.
B. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet customers as they enter the store or when they call on the telephone.
- Assist customers with locating and selecting the product that best fits their needs.
- Handle customer requests for items not presently in stock, using the special order feature of the Bookstore point of sale system.
- Perform cashier duties: operate the computer point of sale system, handle cash, house charge and credit card purchases, and count back change to customers.
- Stock new releases in the proper area of the store and restock the general merchandise as received.
- Keep the clothing stocked and folded for display with a professional appearance.
- Work with the other clerks to keep the Bookstore shelves dusted and books in the proper alphabetical order.
- Work with the Bookstore Director to remove old products from the shelves so they can either be returned to the supplier or marked down for clearance.
- Be available to work special on-campus events as directed by the Bookstore Director or Assistant Director.
- Assist in creating and setting up merchandise displays, as directed by the Bookstore Director or Assistant Director.
C. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Computer literate
- Ability to handle money, including making and counting back change
- Verbal communication skills
- Professional appearance
- Good work ethic
D. Supervision (if applicable): NA
E. Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Customer service experience a plus
F. Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
The work environment will be indoors. One must be able to stand for extended periods of time with repetitive bending, stooping, and reaching. One might also occasionally use a small ladder.
Part-time position. To apply, submit this OCC application, resume, and cover letter to [email protected] No walk-in applicants.