Norton Christian Church
Independent Christian Church
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|8||291||Norton, KS USA|
mail [email protected]
Norton, KS 67654
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Youth||Student Minister||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
The responsibilities for this position include:
- Set the vision for the student ministry with a plan to carry it out.
- Develop and lead programs according to the vision and purpose of the student ministry.
- Recruit and train volunteer leaders to help you with your purpose.
- Weekly duties include teaching and coordinating the high school Sunday school class, teaching in Children's Church, Sunday night high school class and Wednesday night junior high class.
- Build and maintain relationships with teens both churched and unchurched.
- Build and maintain quality relationships with parents.
- Clearly share your vision with parents so they understand the purpose of the student ministry.
- Network with other youth workers.
- Be an active participant in camps, CIY, missions trips, etc.
- Meet regularly with other youth workers, encouraging each other, sharing ideas and experiences.
- Set and oversee the student ministry budget.
- Involve students in the ministry of the church as a whole, supporting and participating in the church's vision, worship services, and activities.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- In addition to the Teen ministry, be involved in the overall vision and ministry to Children and Adults.
- Office hours in accordance with elder and minister approval.
- Be a faithful Christian committed to spending time with family.
Minimum qualifications for this position are an Associates Degree in a Christian ministry major (preferably youth ministry) and a completed internship or other relevant experience. Attachments include the official position description, a short application, as well as links to information about our church. To apply, please return the application and a resume to [email protected] by August 28, 2020. Questions may be forwarded to the same address.