Northside Christian Church
Northside is a community of imperfect people, imperfectly trying to follow Jesus. Sunday morning at Northside is a casual atmosphere with a combination of music, communion, and teaching right from the Bible. Our host team will be available to answer any questions and help you find your way around. You’ll find complimentary coffee and donuts in the back of the auditorium. We offer two identical services at 9:00 am and 10:30 am. Our services last approximately 60-minutes. The teaching is very practical with application to daily life right from the word of God. You will also find clean and secure nursery facilities for your infant or toddler as well as fun and engaging environments for your kids and teens.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|3||200||Kansas City, MO USA|
Kansas City, MO 64118
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Other||Children and Communications Pastor||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
Objective: To create environments where children learn to know, love and follow Jesus; as well as shaping the message that our church shares with our community through technology.
Position Summary: This is a full time position that oversees all aspects of our Children’s Ministries from birth through 5th grade, including recruiting and training volunteers to model what following Jesus looks like. The communications side of the position will include our digital communications including our website and app.
• Oversee all programming and ministry for children ages birth – 5th grade
• Create environments, activities, and programming for each age group that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth.
• Recruit, train, schedule and lead teams of volunteers. • Provide care for children and families within the church including hospital visits and follow-up.
• Communicate consistently with parents as well as provide the tools they need for spiritual leadership.
• Plan and oversee special events and programming relevant to Children’s ministry.
• Summer ministries that align with the mission and goals of the ministry.
• Regularly updating website and app as well as our social media messaging.
• Potentially preaching occasionally.
• Additional projects as agreed to with the Sr. Pastor.
The successful candidate will have:
• Spiritual Qualities: evidence of a growing relationship with Jesus; maintaining personal integrity; and affirm Northside’s statement of faith.
• Personal skills: being a “team player,” as a small church we regularly share roles including coaching, encouraging, and helping one another; being a “people person,” ministry involves being able to relate to a variety of personalities, ages, and temperaments; self-initiator, someone who can take instruction but can see what needs to be done and begins doing it.
• Education: prefer a Bachelor’s degree in Bible with training in Children’s Education or a comparable field of study; familiarity with the Orange philosophy and material.
• Professional Skills: helpful to have working knowledge of Planning Center; quickly learn computer skills; confidence in communicating in public. Accountable to Sr. Pastor and Elders More information or to apply: https://ncc.ekklesia.foundation.
More information or to apply: https://ncc.ekklesia.foundation.