Mt. Olive Church of Christ
Church of Christ
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|6||105||New Vienna, OH United States|
mail [email protected]
phone (937) 205-6229
PO Box 147
New Vienna, OH 45159
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Youth||Youth Minister||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
The Mt. Olive Church of Christ is seeking to hire a Full Time Youth Minister to serve as part of the Ministry Team which consists of our Minister and two Elders. The position will report to the Minister and is over seen by the elders. The position is responsible for building and maintaining a well-rounded spiritual, service and social oriented program with a special focus on the teaching, training and developing our young people in Christian beliefs and behavior. The Youth Minister is to set an excellent example to our youth and to stress the importance of Christianity in their personal life and in their association with others. The youth should be taught and encouraged to PRAISE God in spirit and truth, to CARE for others with compassion and love, to GROW spiritually and to SHARE God. This position is to support the youth and their parents in the youth’s decision to become a Christian and in their maturity as a Christian. The salary for this position is based on Education and Experience. It does come with a Parsonage next to the Church Building. Please submit your resume with 4 references by email to [email protected] or mail to the address above.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with youth and parents to develop, maintain and grow the Youth Program.
- Build Christ centered relationships with the young people.
- Find creative ways to enhance their involvement in the Youth Program.
- Visit the youth and their families in their homes, and during special events in their lives and in their every-day activities.
- Encourage and teach the youth to develop their skills as leaders and active members in the church by providing opportunities to hone their skills in teaching, preaching and leading prayers.
- Implement a Sunday morning class for the older teens and Wednesday evening Bible studies for the youth, provide devotional and study times that give an opportunity for in-depth knowledge of the Bible and how to apply that knowledge to their lives.
- Develop a method to allow the parents of the youth to approach you and provide regular input/feedback on the Youth Program including the effectiveness of the program.
- Attend monthly Minister and Elder meetings to review program and proposed changes prior to implementation.
- Work with Minister, Elders and families to organize retreats, and outings which challenge the youth in their spiritual/service/social growth.
- Be cooperative, promote the Youth Program, support Christian education, and maintain a positive attitude toward the outlook of the congregation and its needs.
- Communicate with the Elders, Minister, as well as the youth and their parents to ensure effectiveness of the program.
Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Work, in a collaborative manner, with the youth and parents to plan and implement all youth activities.
- Emphasize a servant attitude among the youth by performing service activities within the Program.
- Provide the elders an update, including youth calendars, in advance of major events or changes to already approved schedules.
- Create an inclusive and supportive climate that is free of bullying, favoritism or unhealthy spiritual relationships and make corrections as required.
The salary for this position is based on Education and Experience. It does come with a Parsonage next to the Church Building. Please submit your resume with 4 references by email to [email protected] or mail to the address above. Job Qualifications: Faithful member of the Lord’s church. Demonstrate Biblical and doctrinal soundness. Ability to work in a collaborative manner with others. Able to relate to youth and their parents. Able to speak to large audiences (i.e. 100+) in a confident and articulate manner. Possess spiritual and moral maturity. Self-motivated spiritually. College Degree (Bible degree preferred).