High Hill Christian Camp
High Hill Christian Camp and Retreat Center is a Christian camp owned and operated by Independent Christian Churches of mid-Missouri. Our goal is to offer a fun, Christian atmosphere in a modern camp setting surrounded by God’s wilderness. We strive to offer weeks of camp that will foster the spiritual growth of our campers. Our prayer is that everyone leaves here with a closer relationship with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|3||N/A||High Hill, MO USA|
mail [email protected]
phone (636) 585-2262
High Hill, MO 63350
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Camp Ministry||Summer Camp Intern||Internship||30-40+|
JOB DESCRIPTION: This internship will include office work, coordinating the canteen, overseeing inventory, helping out with photo/video promotion on various social media platforms, coordinating and executing all outdoor activities with our deans, and being involved with the day to day operations of camp management. There may be times where this position assists with maintenance along with the other duties required of all summer staff - assist with daily camp clean up (checking cabins/dorms, cleaning bathrooms, and restocking necessary items), and end of camp turn around to prepare for the next session. If interested in a full list of duties, see the file below.
COMPENSATION: Because of the complexity of this position, we offer our maximum summer pay of $350/week (total of 7 1/2 weeks). Additionally, all meals during camp are provided plus one free canteen daily. On site housing is also provided. (We like to make an aside that with most jobs, you are paying for your daily meals plus gas to and from your place of work - but not with a camp job. You can have very minimal expenses and save the majority of your paycheck!)
- First, and most importantly, you will be expected to have a strong relationship with Christ that is evident through your daily behavior.
- Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus, who came not to be served but to serve (Phil. 2:5; Mt. 20:28). We will expect you to maintain an atmosphere of teamwork and encouragement not only with your fellow employees but also those attending camp as campers and faculty.
- This position requires previous camp experience. Preference will be given to those who have previously worked at a camp and have an interest in organizational leadership and/or camp ministry. Applicants who have volunteered at a camp will be considered, but merit must be substantiated.
- MUST LIVE ON SITE AT HIGH HILL FOR ALL CAMP SESSIONS.
- Be a born again Christian and exemplify a consistent testimony for Christ (1 John 5:11-15).
- Have a desire and the ability to serve God by leading and mentoring children in outdoor Christian education programming.
- Have the ability to relate to children, peers and authority; ability to accept supervision and guidance.
- Possess good moral character and have no involvement in the criminal justice system on moral charges. You must have integrity, adaptability, enthusiasm, a sense of humor, patience and self-control.
- Can understand the age characteristics of your campers and be prepared to deal with campers appropriately for their age and maturity levels.
- Understand that you will be expected to help provide supervision of the campers if so needed.
- Agree to have a positive attitude in regard to the food, speakers, leaders, recreation and any other situation that may arise is essential (you will express any concerns to the director instead of campers, adult volunteers, ministers, or other staff).