Harbor of Hope Christian Church
Harbor of Hope opened our doors in downtown Lowell in 1999. Since then we have grown from a core group of twenty to a community of 300+. From day one, our heart's desire has been to see the Greater Lowell region transformed by the beautiful realities of what God has done for us through His Son, Jesus Christ. We believe that the local church is God’s agent of hope and transformation in the world, and as we look to the future, our desire is to take the Good News of Jesus to more people by becoming a multi-site church (one church in multiple locations). Our mission is to help people find their way back to God. Our vision is to be a gathering of followers of Jesus Christ who share a commitment to live fully, love deeply, and give freely.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|5||300||North Chelmsford, MA USA|
mail [email protected]
phone (978) 799-7367
North Chelmsford, MA 01886
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Preaching/Senior||Lead Pastor||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
Specifically, the Lead Pastor will:
- Be the primary voice and guardian for the vision and mission God has entrusted to Harbor
- Lead Harbor’s Elders and ministry directors to develop and implement plans to carry out the mission and realize the vision
- Provide overall leadership and accountability for the paid staff of Harbor, including recruitment, hiring, development and termination
- Serve as the lead and primary preacher/teacher for Harbor of Hope’s worship gatherings, which includes listening to God, developing a plan and schedule of the messages needed to move the church forward on our mission and vision
- Oversee and drive strategy developed in collaboration with elders and in alignment with Harbor’s mission and vision
- Drive the communication and relational strategies of Harbor Qualifications
- 7+ years of pastoral experience
- 3+ years of leadership experience
- Experienced teacher/communicator
- Degree in Pastoral/Theological Studies or equivalent
For further information, please see the attached document.
Harbor is seeking a Lead Pastor who will provide our growing, vibrant community, the necessary instruction and leadership to fulfill our mission and vision in greater Lowell and beyond. Responsibilities The Lead Pastor provides leadership and supervision for implementing our vision through the various ministries of the church. The Lead Pastor is responsible for cultivating a healthy, team-based environment where all staff members and volunteers can thrive. In concert with the Elders, the Lead Pastor is responsible for directing, developing, and coaching staff members to enable their growth in support of Harbor’s vision.
To apply for this position please send résumé, cover letter and references to [email protected]