Global City Mission Initiative
Global City Mission is a disciple-making ministry working in & through global cities. Our primary means for carrying out GCMI’s ministry is to mobilize missionary catalysts in global cities. Additionally, we provide training & equipping to further mobilize the body of Christ. In order to advance disciple-making, our ministry activity focuses on 3 areas: (1) evangelism & church planting, (2) training believers to reach their communities, and (3) providing equipping & training for established churches. Vision: To see disciple-making initiatives in strategic global cities around the world starting in North America.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|N/A||N/A||New York, NY USA|
Dr. Jared Looney
mail [email protected]
Orlando, FL 32861-7498
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Church Planting, Other||Mission Catalyst: New York City||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
The Missionary Catalyst is the primary field worker within GCMI. They are missionaries carrying out the execution of GCMI’s evangelistic church planting ministry in global cities.
- Self-initiate ethnographic learning and discovering strategic inroads into specific cultural context(s).
- Intentionally & personally initiate cross-cultural evangelism.
- Apply multiplication strategies, planting simple church communities, forming disciples who in turn disciple others, and developing indigenous leadership.
- Be attentive to opportunities for evangelistic engagement or leadership development in the homelands of international friends through global cities.
- Train & mobilize local believers in evangelism & to start discovery groups in their communities.
- Select a missionary care team (individuals outside of GCMI) for personal care & accountability.
- Participate in GCMI team rhythms & activities.
- Share monthly ministry updates and participate in annual review with executive director.
- Communicate potential ministry partnership opportunities with Global City Mission leadership.
- As needed, participate in GCMI events & activities.
Qualities & Characteristics
- Mission Catalysts practice strong self-leadership. They should be self-initiating and self-managing in day-to-day ministry.
- Mission Catalysts should be learners. GCMI will provide training & guidance, and we also encourage individuals to continue learning, pioneering, and sharing new discoveries with the larger GCMI team.
- Mission Catalysts should have alignment with the GCMI Philosophy of Ministry.
- Mission Catalysts should be committed to prayer and to their own spiritual health.
Note: As a mission organization, Mission Catalysts will raise financial partners in order to serve in a full-time capacity.
Contact Jared Looney at [email protected] to apply or for more information.