First Christian Church
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|3||150||Perry, GA USA|
mail [email protected]
phone (478) 244-4921
Perry, GA 31069
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Other||Senior Pastor||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
1. Preaching and Teaching: The Senior Pastor will be the primary preacher for all worship services. He will provide leadership in planning and executing the adult education programs and all other programs in discipleship and ministry training in coordination with other staff and lay leaders.
2. Strategic leadership and planning: The Senior Pastor is responsible for strategic planning and staff coordination in the execution of the church’s purpose. He will define strategic goals and vision as a key leader among staff and Elders and implement the plan by:
- Coordinating/leading weekly staff meetings and other activities to clarify and execute goals and objectives.
- Monitoring the spiritual pulse of the congregation through review and accountability.
- Ensuring staffing, facilities and programs are aligned to meet strategic goals.
3. Staff supervision and development: The Senior Pastor serves as director to staff and lay volunteers, and leads, evaluates, and mentors existing staff in their respective areas of ministry by:
- Overseeing staff training and development.
- Hiring and dismissing staff and prioritizing staff additions after consultation and guidance from the Elders.
- Providing leadership to the pastoral staff in the design and implementation of all church ministries.
- Working with the Elders to implement salary reviews and recommendations.
- Maintaining efficient and effective lines of communication between the staff and Elders.
- Serving as HR Manager – Oversee conduct, performance evaluations and providing ongoing performance feedback to all staff employees.
4. Administration: The Senior Pastor oversees and executes the administration of the church through appropriate staff and leadership teams, and ensures the completion of ministry, facility, and logistical support functions through staff and lay volunteers. He will:
- Oversee the pastoral care needs of the congregation and, as necessary, share with staff and Elders hospital visits, home visits, counseling, marriages, and funerals.
- Supervise and provide direction, as needed, for the effective functioning of the office support functions.
- Oversee development of and adherence to church policies as established by the leadership team.
5. Evaluation and compensation: The Senior Pastor will provide monthly reports to the Elders on ministry accomplishments and activities. The Elders will conduct an annual performance evaluation and review the compensation package.
- Adhere to the theology and values in harmony with First Christian Church mission and values as well as statements of belief.
- Clear and observable commitment to Jesus Christ.
- A Relational and pastoral heart.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
The role of the Senior Pastor is to assist the Elders in overseeing the life and direction of First Christian Church. The Pastor will have a firm grasp on the purpose, values, and strategy of the church and the ability to align staff and key leadership teams with its mission. The pastor will offer pastoral leadership to the congregation alongside staff and lay ministers. The Pastor will ensure that the systems, practices, and policies of the church responsibly and effectively support its ministry activities.
Please send an email to Lee H Dunbar (Chairman of the Elders) at [email protected] with the subject line “Senior Pastor Application” with the following attachments: 1. Your resume. 2. A recent photo of you (and family, if you wish). 3. A statement, no longer than one page, stating your view of scripture, the Trinity, and the role of the church in our culture today.