Elberton Christian Church
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|5||200||elberton ga, GA USA|
phone (706) 768-1681
Elberton, GA 30635
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Preaching/Senior||Senior Minister||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
SPECIFIC AREAS OF SERVICES
- Maintain a continual study of God’s Word in order to faithfully proclaim it in a manner designed to reach the lost and teach the saved. Strive to live a life that is “above reproach.”
- Responsible to preach the Word each week with the exception of those times covered by special assignment and agreement with other ECC ministers, guest speakers and special programs approved by the Board.
- Coordinate Sunday morning worship services and plan the weekly bulletin.
- Coordinate with the Board preaching schedule for those times he is absent due to illness, vacation or scheduled revivals and/or seminars.
- Be available to offer Leadership for all standing committees and ministry teams and aid them in establishing goals and procedures for each year’s service.
- Provide Leadership for office staff and ministerial staff. Regular staff meetings to be conducted to assure information, cooperation, coordination, and staff development.
- Provide leadership in the development of Eldership and Deaconship through the provision of Board devotions, materials, books, tapes, and classes taught from time to time.
- Place the claims of Christ before the Church and Community through various calling programs, special day events, evangelistic efforts, Mid-week teaching efforts at the church and in homes.
- Editor and supervisor of the monthly church paper, “The Rock.”
- Teach a “Basic Doctrine Class” as is needed and recruit students for it.
COMMON AREAS OF SERVICE
- Hospital visitation and counseling ministry,
- Provide leadership in the development of the Adult portion in Sunday School and Mid-week studies. This includes teacher and leadership training and curriculum, and the seeking of every member to be a minister.
- Brotherhood efforts.
- Home visitation efforts
Each minister is expected to work at least 40 hours per week, plus take part in all regularly scheduled services. He is to give a monthly report to the Boar that reflects how he used his time and give goals for the coming month. Prior to November 1st of each year, he should submit goals and objectives for the coming year.
He is to serve at the discretion of the Board and has all scriptural responsibilities inherent to the office of the Elder and Deacon. He is to assume the primary responsibility for the Pulpit Ministry and for the leadership of the total church development according to the Bylaws, and Procedures of Elberton Christian Church, Inc.
Previous senior ministry experience