Cornerstone Christian Church
Non-denominational, independent Christian church
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|4||Pre Covid 150-175; Post Covid 75-95||Wichita, KS USA|
Douglas P Brehm
mail [email protected]
phone (316) 737-2645
Wichita, KS 67220
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Preaching/Senior||Lead Pastor||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
The Lead Pastor shall provide the primary leadership for Cornerstone Christian Church. He will acknowledge that his work is enabled by the Holy Spirit, supported by prayer, guided by Scripture and carried out in the name of Jesus Christ for the glory of God the Father. As a member of the Elder Board and as an overseer/shepherd, he shall provide Biblical direction and leadership so that members are built up in faith and maturity to become more like Christ.
The Lead Pastor shall demonstrate an authentic, God-centered life; passionate for Jesus Christ and a heart committed to share Christ with others. He shall maintain a healthy relationship with God that exemplifies a disciplined plan of personal worship to include prayer, Bible study, and financial stewardship. He shall serve as a role model of prayer, Bible study, and financial stewardship. He shall serve as a role model of one committed to conduct their private and public life with personal integrity, love, joy, humility and holiness. We want our pastor to model healthy family priorities – he will make his family a priority. I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5:9 shall serve as a guide to their personal behavior.
Areas of Accountability
- Is accountable to the Lord through his leadership of the church.
- Is accountable to the membership to maintain a life in accordance with the scriptural standard of Elder.
- Is accountable for spiritual leadership, ministry and people concerns of the church. The Lead Pastor job performance will be annually reviewed by the Elder Board.
- Shall agree with our Statement of Beliefs.
- Is accountable to take the lead (together with the Elders) in providing pastoral care to our members, especially during times of illness, hospital stays, or in care facilities.
As Cornerstone’s Preacher
- Is the main preacher on Sunday mornings. Will strive to engage the congregation of God’s word effectively.
- Takes responsibility for the pulpit along with the Elders.
- Officiate at weddings, funerals that take place and also administers communion and baptisms as well as the dedication of children.
As Cornerstone’s Leader
- Discerning and giving direction for the overall vision of Cornerstone Christian Church.
- Takes primary responsibility in areas where problems, issues, conflicts cannot be resolved at lower levels.
- Represents the church in matters of business and community.
- Oversee the maintenance of the church membership roster, also responsible for education of those interested in church membership.
- Supervises all staff and monitors that they remain on task and accountable.
- Oversees the staff’s work schedules, goal-setting and personal development.
- Makes the development of leaders, paid staff and volunteers a top priority.
- Hiring and dismissal of staff in partnership with Elders.
- Oversee and approve all social media content.
- Encourages, resources and motivates congregation to share the Gospel.
- Involvement in one-on-one discipleship.
- Involved in discipleship as it takes place in Christian pre-marriage/marriage counseling sessions.
- Available to regular church attendees for initial spiritual counsel. More in-depth counseling can be provided in determined appropriate.
Find the application here: https://www.cornerstoneict.church/lead-pastor-description/.
We trust that God will reveal His will and lead us to the person He would have us call to be our Lead Pastor. We encourage you to learn more about our church and review the Lead Pastor Job Description, the Lead Pastor Application, and the Wichita community. Please download and complete the Lead Pastor Application and send, along with your current resume, to [email protected]