Christian Church at Cogan Station
We are a rural Restoration Movement church.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|8||400||Cogan Station, PA USA|
mail [email protected]
phone (570) 998-2989
Cogan Station, PA 17728
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Children's||Children's Minister||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Develop a clearly defined vision and strategy for discipleship within the Children’s Ministry that works in conjunction with the overall vision of CCCS.
- Build and develop the Children’s Ministry volunteer team with committed and gifted volunteers.
- Develop, lead, recruit, and train volunteers for Children’s Ministry, as needed.
- Provide continued training and support to volunteers, including all necessary clearances and applications.
- Develop and implement strategy for whole-family discipleship; working with families to equip and empower parents/families to disciple their children. This can be done by way of curriculum, events, etc.
- Provide oversight,planning and curriculum selection/development for all aspects of Children’s Ministry programming, including:
Sunday morning Jumpstart and Large Group environments (K-5th)
Sunday morning nursery and preschool programming
Wednesday night programming (nursery – 5th) in conjunction with Adult Bible Studies and Student Ministry programming.
Outreach events (collaborating with Outreach Director)
- Provide oversight to Children’s Ministry budget and help develop the budgetary needs for upcoming years.
- Work as a team player with the rest of the ministerial and support staff. This includes making every effort to attend all staff functions (i.e. staff meetings, conferences, planning sessions, etc.).
- Participate and provide support and leadership (when necessary) in church-wide events, even if they do not directly involve the Children’s Ministry.
The purpose of the Children's Minister is to provide the chief visionary leadership and oversight to the Children’s Ministry (birth to 5th grade). The CM will report to the Lead Pastor and to the Associate Pastor and oversee the Children's Ministry volunteers.
1. Has a personal, active and growing relationship with God through Jesus Christ. 2. Energetic, warm and able to share the love of Jesus to children and their families. 3. A proven passion for Children’s Ministry with the ability to connect with and dynamically interact with children in large group and small groups settings. 4. Knowledge and experience in interpreting the Bible, in child development and in faith development in children. 5. Maintains confidentiality as appropriate and accountable with church resources. 6. Able to balance work and family. 7. Physically capable of sustained activity. 8. Seeks opportunities to grow professionally. 9. Agrees with the CCCS Statement of Faith and doctrine of the Christian Churches. Submit a cover letter expressing your interest in the position along with a resume to [email protected]