Cherokee Hills Christian Church
Independent Christian Church
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|6||280||Oklahoma City, OK USA|
phone (918) 721-5861 or (918) 289-5242
Oklahoma City , OK 73132
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Grade School||Children Minister/Director||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
- Oversee the ministries and programs provided for children from infancy through 5th grade with a primary focus of working closely with the Children’s Ministry Team and current volunteers.
- Organize and lead a Vacation Bible School type program for children each summer.
- Develop strategies that will guide children to worship God, connect to others and serve the Kingdom of God and the community.
- Coordinate efforts to connect with children who express a desire to commit their lives to Jesus.
- Promote special events such as Super Start, Church Camps and other occasional children’s events. Additionally this person should be able to recruit adult volunteers to help “sponsor” these events.
- Prepare yearly goals and budget for the Children’s Ministry and be responsible for their implementation.
- Oversee regularly scheduled Children’s Ministry Team Meetings, and planning meetings with those involved in the Children’s Ministry.
- Recruit new volunteers to partner in ministry to children.
- Provide ongoing training for all volunteers.
- Have a strategy to ensure team member applications and background checks are completed.
- Develop a feedback process in which parents and volunteers can assess the growth of the programs implemented.
- Be involved with church-wide initiatives to provide leadership and be a servant leader as an example to both children and adults in the church.
- Attend and contribute to twice monthly staff meetings.
- Assist with other duties as assigned to further the work of Christ in our community and beyond.
The position of Children’s Minister for Cherokee Hills Christian Church is to provide strategic oversight for the spiritual growth and development of children from infancy through 5th grade. This individual should be passionate about reaching the lost for Christ and supporting parents in leading their children to a growing relationship with Him. This individual must bring vision for the Children’s Ministry that excites children, parents, and the congregation. They must be willing to work in a team environment with Church Elders, Staff and Children’s Ministry volunteers.
Currently we are reviewing resumes and applications for this position. Feel free to contact Charlie Curran and provide an email address. With our search team we will narrow things down to 2-3 candidates and conduct interviews via Skype, Facetime or in person is that is possible.