Chapel Rock Christian Church
The Whole Community Whole In Christ. We believe that God’s calling for our church is to see every broken person experience the wholeness that is only available through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Further, we believe that the Lord has positioned Chapel Rock in a strategic “middle place” between the city and suburbs on the west side of Indy in order to draw our community together around Jesus Christ. For that reason, we will not rest until Jesus uses Chapel Rock to put broken lives, families, and neighborhoods back together again in wholeness.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|17||800 (pre-COVID)||Indianapolis, IN USA|
mail [email protected]
phone (317) 240-9739
Indianapolis, IN 46214
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Children's||Kids Pastor||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
Possess at least a bachelor’s degree in Christian ministry (or the equivalent experience and perhaps a desire to pursue a degree), preferably from a school historically associated with the Restoration Movement. The successful candidate will also possess a love for kids and desire to be with them, the ability to connect with a diverse community, and the ability and passion for discipling kids and their parents.
- Send resume / cover letter to the contact listed here.
- The Personnel team will review, and if successful, invite you to the next step.
- You will be asked to fill out a Background Check Authorization and Credit Check (necessary if you handle money).
- If no issues come up on either of those checks, you may be invited to a phone / zoom interview.
- If that goes well, we will check your references, and barring any surprises, schedule an in-person interview with the Personnel team.
- If the in-person interview with the Personnel team goes well, they will make a recommendation to hire (along with salary / benefits) to the Elders, who will affirm their decision and officially offer the job (with salary / benefit package) in writing.
- You will have a modest amount of time to think and pray about whether or not to accept. Notification will be given in writing.
We know that God has given us a vision to see “The Whole Community Whole in Christ.” We deeply love the Biblical ideal of shalom, the idea that “all is well” in your relationships. We want our kids to experience a right relationship with God, with themselves, with their family and friends, with their community, and with their world. We also know that God has given Chapel Rock the privilege of being in a strategic “middle place” between the city and the suburbs, so we have a unique opportunity to be a kind of church that gives fullest expression to the values of the Christian life. We are also in a VERY diverse area, and those who share our staff’s passion for racial reconciliation and economic justice will find opportunity to do much good here. You will be part of a team, serving alongside Nick Wilkes, our Student Pastor (grades 7-12), and Sherry Schwab, our Early Childhood Director (birth – kindergarten).
Additionally, you will have an AWESOME ministry assistant named Carol Nicely to support your efforts. Finally, the door is wide open for you to make a BIG difference for the Kingdom here at Chapel Rock. We are looking for someone with a vision for children’s ministry and the ability to execute it, along with a passion and a plan to disciple kids and volunteers. If you think that’s you, I’d love to talk with you. You will need to be able to pass a background check in order to continue in the process.
For more information, please see the attached document.