Central Christian Church
Mission: For His glory we reach the lost, teach the saved, and equip disciples for service. We are a church that seeks to Celebrate our Savior and all that he has done for us, Connect with Him and each other, and Contribute to God’s Kingdom and our community. We are a multigenerational church with an average attendance of 250 people. We meet in 2 different services (one with traditional music, the other modern) with people moving between services.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|N/A||250||St. Joseph, MO USA|
mail [email protected]
phone (816) 233-4144
St. Joseph, MO 64506
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Youth||Student Minister||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
- Oversee and organize regular student discipleship (classes and groups)
- Oversee and develop additional growth opportunities (Camp, mission trips, service projects, and events)
- Build and maintain relationships with youth and families in order to encourage the whole family in faith.
- Build and oversee team of volunteers to love, serve, teach, and minister to (and with) Middle School and High School students.
- Coordinate a high level of communication with students and parents.
- Have a public presence at public and school events (sports, plays, graduations, events)
- Work with Ministry Staff to coordinate activities that minister to and with (but don’t overwhelm) the whole family.
- Participate in pastoral care and leadership of whole church (limited preaching, hospital calling, etc.).
- Other duties: as assigned.
Purpose of Position:
- Relationships and programming that connect students to Jesus and His church.
- Encourage and facilitate family discipleship.
- Work with Senior Minister to involve students in the life and ministry of the church.
- Plan and implement activities, discipleship, and ministry opportunities for Middle School and High School students.
- Recruit, develop, and train volunteers and mentors for student ministry.
Qualifications: - Christian faith and commitment to growth in daily walk. - Christian attitude and trustworthy character. - Understanding of, passion for, and commitment to the mission and vision of the Church in general and Central Christian Church in particular. - Team spirit, respect, and support for other ministerial staff. - Maintain appropriate confidentiality in all matters of church, staff, and church members. - Spiritual maturity, positive work attitude and work ethic. - An attitude of professionalism, respect, organization, patience, compassion, and grace. - A desire to see youth and their families grow in Christ. - A desire to grow in ministry. - Bachelor’s degree minimum in Bible/Ministry (Independent Christian college or seminary preferred)