Camp Sonshine International
Camp Sonshine has been bringing camp to kids from around the world since 1981. Starting in Maryland, but moving to places like Guatemala, the Philippines, South Africa, and more! The vision to bring God’s love and purpose to children across the globe has now grown to include over 7,000 children a year. Camp Sonshine exists to create fun memories where children and youth experience God's love.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|20-200||N/A||Silver Spring, MD USA|
mail [email protected]
phone (410) 302-3498
Laurel, MD 20707
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|International, Camp Ministry, Other||Summer Camp Counselor||Internship, Paid Part-Time||30-40+|
- Group Counselor: Group Counselors (must be 18+ years old) work with a specific group of campers throughout the summer. This position can often vary because of our campers’ range of ages, which starts at age three to 16 years old.
- Program Counselor: Program Counselors (must be 18+ years old) are our resident “creative experts” and an integral part of our team. Program Counselors specialize in one area of activity; they provide campers with the opportunity to try new things, enjoy new challenges, and of course, have fun! From running one of our many ropes courses to lifeguarding the famous camp pond, there are so many options for our counselors who prefer to lead an activity over a group of campers.
- Support Staff: Our Support Staff are people who make things happen! They’re always ready at a moment’s notice. Behind the scenes or in front, Camp Sonshine couldn’t run without our Support Staff. We have positions in marketing, nursing, admin, programming, etc.
- Specialty Camp Staff: Specialty Camp group counselors work with campers who are interested in our specialty camps. This position can often vary because our campers’ range of ages, which starts at 6-16 years old. They are passionate counselors who are interested in STEM, Arts, & Coding! They bring the program to life by creating opportunities for campers to dive into their specialty. This position varies between age groups from 6 year olds to 17 year olds.
Are you ready to say “YES!” to joining a talented team of men and women who are serious about having fun and helping kids learn how to be successful in the journey of growing up? Are you ready to be a part of a team that delivers award-winning programming designed to create fun memories where children and youth experience God’s love? Here’s the truth—working at Camp Sonshine Maryland is tough. It’s not a vacation, nor is it just a job. It’s a mission; a life-changing experience that engages every part of your body, soul, and spirit. Most of our summer counselors will tell you that spending a summer here is one of the most challenging things they’ve ever done. However, they’ll also tell you that every moment was completely worth it. Through serving others, they were able to discover God’s purpose for their lives. When you say “YES!” to Camp Sonshine, you are not only saying “yes” to making a positive impact on the lives of youth in and around Howard and Montgomery counties, you are also saying “YES!” to…
- Paid Missions
- Intentional Leadership Development
- Practical Ministry Training
- Life-Changing Community
Steps For Success: 1. Visit our website, find the menu and click "Work With Us", click "Summer Employment", scroll down on that page and click on "Apply Now". 2. Fill out/submit the application. Please be honest and open so we can get to know you! 3. You will receive an email within 24 hours to set up a video call interview. 4. You will receive a final decision within a week after your video call interview. No question is off the table so let us know if you have any! We are flexible with your commitment because we know the busy life of a college student.