First Christian Church of Buckner
The purpose of the Buckner First Christian Church is to carry out Christ's commission as revealed in the New Testament, to make disciples of individuals from our family, friends, acquaintances & community. To those who will become actively involved in the family of God, helping them grow in the grace and knowledge of Christ that increasingly they may know and do His will. To accomplish this, we will focus our worship, our preaching, our teaching, our fellowship, and our outreach towards making disciples and nurturing them towards a positive, daily relationship with Jesus Christ.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|N/A||25-30||Buckner, MO United States|
phone (816) 650-3711
P.O. Box 646
Buckner, MO 64016
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Preaching/Senior||Senior Minister||Paid Part-Time||20-30|
General Responsibility in Leadership:
- To work with the elders to accopmplish the mission of the church, to win people to Christ.
- To assist with coordination and participation towards discipleship and shepherding.
- To promote Christian education programs for all ages.
- To fulfill worship semons, attend the area "Ministerial Alliance" meetings once a month on Wednesday morning, and offer 10 minute children's sermon during worship service once a month.
- To promote church in the community.
- To coordinate with audio/visual and worship services.
- To report to the church board an elders with an accountability time sheet of monthly actions.
- To be held accountable for setting the direction of church ministry.
- To administer the word with shut-in's, hospital calls, bereavement/funerals, weedings, and births.
- To contact all visitors the week following thier attendance.
- To attend all church functions.
- To offer guidance for monthly calendars, prayer lists, weekly bulletins, and proofread all church material.
- To maintain office hours for one on one counseling.
- To offer good communication via phone, email, letters, and social media.
The primary responsibility is to develop and deliver spiritually led, Bible-based, life applicable sermons that teach the Word of God with sincerity and significance while passionately challenging the church body to be transformed by the Holy Spirit and the word of the Lord. The minister will have a passion for Christ, nurture the spiritual growth of the church to enable them to reach the community. The minister is to be the primary example to lead, love, and shepherd the church body.
3-5 years of pastoral experience. Minimum 2 year college degree, seminary classes preferred. Must work from the original Bible-based content of King James, NKJ, ASV, NIV, or other acceptable version. Additional qualifications: US citizen; current valid driving license; live in Kansas City, MO metro/eastern Jackson county area. Please mail your letter of interest/resume/questions for our return call back.