Bridges Christian Church
Bridges is a multi-generational, church in Russell, Kentucky. The church is associated with the Christian Churches of the Restoration Movement (also known as the Stone-Campbell Movement). We average sixty to seventy 1st-5th graders on Sunday mornings. We are well known throughout our communities for our emphasis on high-quality children’s programs.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|10||700||Russell, KY USA|
mail [email protected]
phone (606) 836-8944
Russell, KY 41169
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Children's||Children's Pastor||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
The Children's Pastor provides leadership over activities and programs focusing on the spiritual growth and development of elementary-age children both in church-based activities and in the context of their families.
Essential Job Functions:
- Guard, nurture, and invest in your own personal relationship with Christ. Maintain moral purity and integrity as befits a servant-leader of Jesus Christ.
- Design, lead, and facilitate children’s worship, Bible learning, and spiritual-formation activities for elementary age children.
- Recruit, encourage, and equip volunteer leaders who serve within one or more of the children’s programs of the church.
- Engage parents and caregivers to support and equip their families, recognizing the central role God assigns families in faith formation.
- Assist in the development and oversight of the budget as it relates to children’s ministries.
- Serve within the Bridges team of pastors and staff. This includes scheduled staff meetings, sharing in roles such as hospital calling, and cooperating with other ministries areas when extra help is needed. A key part of Bridges is that all pastors pitch-in and help one another from time to time.
- Maintain appropriate office hours ensure consistency and availability.
Education and Experience: We recognize there are multiple paths of education and life experience that God uses to prepare men and women for leadership ministries. We are hesitant in laying out what may be considered typical preparation for ministry. We know God has raised up effective and life-changing leaders out of unexpected life circumstances. A higher education foundation in Christian ministry from a Christian university or seminary is certainly very desirable. This is especially true if the ministry training includes a focus on children’s ministry. Another common scenario is a person with a bachelor or master’s degree in teacher education.
For more information, please see the attached document.
To become a candidate please mail a resume to Kevin Fraley/Executive Pastor, Bridges Christian Church, 1402 Kenwood Drive, Russell, KY 41169 or email to [email protected]