Athens Christian Church
We are a multi-community church of children, youth and all adults, reaching out and producing biblical followers of and leaders for Christ through worshiping, connecting, and serving.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|5||450||Athens, IL USA|
phone (217) 636-8463
Athens, IL 62613
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Worship/Music||Worship Minister||Paid Part-Time, Paid Full-Time||N/A|
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Senior Pastor in the overall vision casting and leadership of the church’s worship and weekend service planning, design and execution.
- Provide supervision and direction to worship leaders, volunteers and special music.
- Provide training and oversight to the sound booth.
- Upkeep & maintenance of church owned equipment for worship ministries - instruments, computers, microphones, cabling and in-ear monitors.
- Develop an annual budget for responsible areas and operate within the constraints of that budget.
- Weekly maintenance of presentation software playlists for all worship experiences. Includes oversight of sermon, announcement and lyrics slides. (Experience or willingness to learn Pro-Presenter)
- Weekly maintenance of foyer screens.
- Provide Order of Service to office staff by deadline.
- Oversee volunteer recruitment of members to enhance worship experience (Greeters, Communion Meditation Leaders, Servers, Communion Prep).
- Create and use appropriate media in worship.
- Report monthly to the church’s leadership about what is going on within the ministry.
- Cooperate with the Senior Pastor and Elders by performing any other duties when asked to do so.
- Maintain God-ordained priorities in your life by putting Jesus Christ first, your spouse second, your children third and the ministry fourth.
- Be loyal to the vision and staff and always protect the unity of the church.
- Invest and invite the lost to know Jesus.
- Respect the roles and positions of those on staff and portray a positive unity.
- Keep confidential matters confidential.
Worship Minister Accountable to Senior/Associate Minister and Elders Purpose: To serve the church by assisting the Senior Pastor in providing spiritual leadership, pastoral care and organizational direction through a broad program of worship and music to the congregation.
Please submit resume, video about yourself, and indicate if you are interested in a full or part-time position. Send this information to email@example.com You can also e-mail Shane for a full list of expectations for the full and/or part-time position.