The OCC Athletic Department develops students physically, mentally, and spiritually. Athletic Director Chris Lahm believes that, just like preachers and musicians, athletes have God-given talents to be used for God’s glory. OCC athletes are ambassadors for Christ, representing the college second, and the Lord first (2 Corinthians 5:20).
In addition to OCC’s five varsity athletic teams, OCC’s intramural program lets students have fun and fellowship while staying in shape. All students and employees are invited to participate in intramural teams for Ultimate Frisbee, volleyball, basketball and futsal.
The excellent athletics facilities at OCC, anchored by a spacious Multi-purpose Building, are available for all students. Our varsity basketball and volleyball teams practice and play on a recently resurfaced full-size basketball and volleyball floor. All students are welcome to use and enjoy this great court when it's not being used by our varsity teams. Inside the gym is also a racquetball court. Outside you'll find our well-marked, well-maintained tournament-regulation grass soccer field.
The MPB also houses our fitness center, with an indoor walking and running area and two separate workout rooms. One room is primarily for lifting and strengthening. It includes dumbbell free-weights, a power rack with two sides for benching, squatting, deadlifts and pull-ups as well as a bench press rack, individual benches, and leg curl and leg extension machine. The second room (located upstairs) features cardio machines like treadmills, ellipticals and bicycles. We strive to have quality equipment and plenty of space for our students to work out and stay healthy.
The MPB is open to students as follows:
Mon-Sat: 6 a.m.-9 p.m.
Sun: 2-6 p.m.
Every summer, OCC Athletics hosts sports camps for kids ages 3rd-12th grade. OCC men's head basketball coach and Athletic Director Chris Lahm oversees all camp activities. Members of past and present Ambassador teams help Coach Lahm teach skills in athletics and foster spiritual growth.
Space for camps is limited, so register early. Contact the Athletics Office for more information.
- Boys and Girls Day Camp (Grades 3-5): June 6-8 ($50) | Register here. | Download registration form.
- Junior High Girls (Grades 6-8): June 10-13 ($165) | Register here. | Download registration form.
- Junior High Boys (Grades 6-8): June 17-20 ($165) | Register here. | Download registration form.
- High School Boys (Grades 9-12): June 24-28 ($195) | Register here. | Dowload registration form.
- Junior High Girls 1 (Grades 6-8): June 13-15 ($50) | Register here. | Download registration form.
- Junior High Girls 2 (Grades 6-8): June 20-22 ($50) | Register here. | Download registration form.