Refund Policy

OCC Refund Policy

Refunds of tuition and certain fees may be made upon official withdrawal of any student, according to the table below. Date of withdrawal will be determined by the date the official drop slip was completed.

To receive a refund adjustment for any classes dropped, the student should report to the office of the registrar and complete a drop slip. Tuition refunds are based on the official withdrawal date and are determined as follows:

REGULAR CLASSES:

First week of class: 100% refund

Second week of class: 90% refund

Third week of class: 75% refund

Fourth week of class: 50% refund

Fifth or sixth week of class: 25% refund

After sixth week of class: 0% refund

ONE-WEEKEND SEMINARS:

First week of semester: 100% refund

One or more weeks prior to first day of seminar: 90% refund

One to six days prior to first day of seminar: 75% refund

First day of seminar: 50% refund

After last day of seminar: 0% refund

TWO-WEEKEND SEMINARS AND CLASSES MEETING 2-5 TIMES/SEM:

First week of semester: 100% refund

One or more weeks prior to first day of seminar: 90% refund

One to six days prior to first day of seminar: 75% refund

First day of seminar: 50% refund

Between first and last day of seminar: 25% refund

After last day of seminar: 0% refund

If withdrawal is after the first day of the seminar, a W or F will be issued.

ONLINE AND SUMMER SCHOOL:

Week 1: Monday-Thursday: 100% refund

Friday-Sunday: 90% refund

Week 2: Monday-Thursday: 75% refund

Friday-Sunday: 50% refund

Week 3: Monday-Thursday: 25% refund

Friday: 0% refund

A W or F is the same as for regular classes.

Drop/add and late fees will not be refunded. Parking and student activity fees are refunded per the above schedule as determined by the withdrawal date. Room and meals will be refunded on a pro-rated basis as determined by the date of vacating the residence hall. Refunds will be credited to the student’s account. A disbursement will be made to the student when the account has a credit balance.

For students receiving federal student aid (FSA) who withdraw before completing the enrollment period for which they were charged, federal regulations require that a school calculate a Return of Title IV Funds using the formula set by the Department of Education.

Return of Title IV Funds

The law specifies how your school must determine the amount of FSA program assistance that you earn if you withdraw before completing at least 60% of the semester. The amount of assistance that you have earned is determined on a pro-rated basis.

For example, a student who withdraws at the end of the fourth week of a semester will have “earned” approximately 25% of their aid (completed 4 weeks of a 16 week semester). The remaining 75% must be repaid. If you received (or your school received on your behalf) less assistance than the amount that you earned, you will be eligible to receive those additional funds.

If you received excess funds that must be returned, your school must return a portion of the excess equal to the lesser of the amount of Title IV funds that the student does not earn, or your institutional charges multiplied by the unearned percentage of your funds.

If there are FSA funds to be returned by the school, they must be returned in the following order until the return amount is exhausted:

1. Unsubsidized Direct Stafford loans

2. Subsidized Direct Stafford loans

3. Direct PLUS loans

4. Federal Pell Grants

5. Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

If your school is not required to return all of the excess funds, you must return the remaining amount. Any loan funds that you must return, you (or your parent for a PLUS Loan) repay in accordance with the terms of the promissory note. That is, you make scheduled payments to the holder of the loan over a period of time.

If you are responsible for returning grant funds, you do not have to return the full amount. Regulations limit the amount a student must repay to the amount by which the overpayment amount exceeds 50% of the total grant funds disbursed or could have been disbursed.

Any amount that you do have to return is a grant overpayment, and you must make arrangements with the Department of Education to return the funds. Eligibility for additional aid is dependent upon the student repaying the grant(s) in full or abiding by a repayment plan.

If a student does not officially withdraw and fails to earn a passing grade in at least one enrolled course during the semester, the financial aid office will verify if the failing grades were earned or were the result of non-attendance. If non-attendance is determined, the “unearned” calculation will be applied based on the last date of a documented academically related activity or the mid-point of the semester.

News
Scroll To Top