Learn about Ozark Welcome
Ozark Welcome is designed to help you be successful in your transition to Ozark Christian College. While at Ozark Welcome you will:
- Meet with an academic advisor to select your classes.
- Learn more from the faculty and students in your major.
- Meet other incoming students and begin making friendships.
- Learn about resources available to you as an OCC student.
- Make sure all of your (and your parents) questions are answered.
Submit $100 enrollment deposit online at my.occ.edu before registering for Ozark Welcome.
All incoming students accepted by June 1, 2018, from MO, AR, KS, OK, IL, and IA are required to attend an orientation date prior to move-in day in August.
Families are encouraged to attend with their student. Additional parent/family sessions will be offered throughout the day. Parents are not able to attend the academic advising session with their students.
Joplin area hotels offer special rates for attending an Ozark event. Click here for details.
Dates and Schedules
Ozark Welcome Orientation for Spring 2019 students will be held Friday, January 11, beginning at noon.
Ozark Welcome Orientation dates for Fall 2019 new students are:
- Monday, April 29 (CLOSED, AT CAPACITY)
- Saturday, June 15
- Friday, July 19
Students are required to attend the entire day.
Prepare to Attend
Submit $100 enrollment deposit online through your my.occ.edu student portal.
Submit FAFSA and any additional information requested. (OCC school code: 015569)
Once award letter has been received, accept financial aid awards through NetPartner portal.
Request FINAL official transcript to be sent to OCC after high school graduation.
Register for Ozark Welcome Orientation: April 29, June 15, or July 19
Complete housing documents through my.occ.edu student portal Orientation & Housing tab. (Roommate Compatibility Survey, Housing Agreement, Vehicle Registration, and Medical History Form).
Details for August
- Dorm Move-In and Orientation is Friday, August 16. Details of move-in time will be emailed later in the summer.
- Details will be added to this page as Welcome Week plans are finalized.