COVID-19 Dashboard and Updates
- Merit Scholarships
- Priority Admissions
PRIORITY ADMISSIONS Scholarship
Online students are eligible for a $500 admissions scholarship by completing the admissions requirements by the priority admissions deadline
Fall 2 Priority Admissions Deadline
September 18, 2020
Complete the admissions process by the stated priority deadlines (2 weeks prior to the registration deadline), for the module in which the student plans to enroll.
Recipients must be enrolled within one year from the date of being awarded a scholarship.
Students must maintain a 2.0 OCC institutional G.P.A. while being concurrently enrolled (in at least one course) semester-by-semester.
An official Leave of Absence will not disqualify student eligibility.
If students become ineligible, they will lose the scholarhsip for an entire academic year (Fall through Summer).
DURATION AND DISBURSEMENT
The scholarship will be awarded for an entire academic year (Fall through Summer).
The scholarship will not extend beyond four (4) academic years.
Disbursements will be made in equal amounts per module (e.g. $100 per module). Adjustments will not be made for modules with no enrollments.
Online Platinum Scholarship
- This automatic scholarship is in the amount of $1,500 per year.
- 3.5+ GPA
- Resulting in $6,000 over the course of 4 years.
Online Gold Scholarship
- This automatic scholarship is in the amount of $1,000 per year.
- 3.0-3.49 GPA
- Resulting in $4,000 over the course of 4 years.
Online Silver Scholarship
- This automatic scholarship is in the amount of $500 per year.
- 2.5-2.99 GPA
- Resulting in $2,000 over the course of 4 years.
Online Learning Merit Scholarship Guidelines
- Upon acceptance to Ozark, merit scholarships are automatically awarded based upon the student’s cumulative college GPA (transfers) or final unweighted high school GPA (first-time freshmen).
- The full value of the scholarship will be split equally between all five modules each year, only for modules that are attended.
- The scholarship will be applied during the modules enrolled regardless of the number of hours enrolled for up to four years.
- Students can receive only one merit scholarship (not stackable with other merit scholarships from Ozark).
- Students must maintain a cumulative Ozark GPA of 2.5 to renew their merit scholarship each academic year. If they fall below a 2.5 GPA, the scholarship can be renewed following the completion of the next academic year by reaching the 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Students that do not enroll in any coursework during a full academic year will not be eligible for scholarship renewal for any future years.
Questions about scholarship awards? Contact Mary Hurley, the Online Learning Admissions Counselor at 417.626.1277.
$415per credit hour
What Degree will I earn?
At Ozark Christian College in Joplin, Missouri, we created the Bachelor of Arts in Biblical Studies degree with the adult student in mind. This degree has a strong biblical emphasis and a variety of Bible and professional education courses. Adult students want an affordable, relational, and academically rigorous degree like Ozark offers, but they can't leave their homes, jobs, or churches to finish their degree. Ozark's online degree brings Ozark to you: just like our on-campus degrees, this online degree is affordable, relational, and academically rigorous.
01/18/2021 - 03/14/2021
03/15/2021 - 05/09/2021
- DO 3701 OL Practices in Spiritual Formation
- EL 1210 OL English Composition I
- HI 2212 OL History of the Roman Empire
- HI 3211 OL Church History 2
- MA 1111 OL Contemporary Mathematics
- MN 4791 OL Ministry Field Experience I
- MN 4792 OL Ministry Field Experience II
- NT 2310 OL Hebrews
- OT 3702 OL Old Testament Poetry and Wisdom Literature
- PC 3701 OL Strategies for Pastoral Counseling
- PI 2310 OL Philosophy
- PI 2410 OL Principles of Interpretation
- DO 4701 OL Christian Doctrine
- EL 1211 OL English Composition II
- EL 2314 OL World Literature
- HI 2310 OL World Geography
- HI 3210 OL Church History I
- MN 3701 OL Christian Mission and Evangelism
- MN 4791 OL 2 Ministry Field Experience I
- MN 4792 OL 2 Ministry Field Experience II
- NT 2213 OL Gospel of John
- NT 3311 OL Timothy and Titus
- PC 2210 OL Psychology
- PI 3212 OL Christian Apologetics and Worldview
- PI 3410 OL Issues in Interpretation
- SI 2112 OL Introduction to Physical Science
The State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) is a national initiative to provide more access to online courses while maintaining compliance standards with state regulatory agencies. SARA establishes a state-level reciprocity process that will support the nation in efforts to increase the educational attainment of its people by making state authorization:
- More efficient, effective and uniform in regard to necessary and reasonable standards of practice that could span states;
- More effective in dealing with quality and integrity issues that have arisen in some online/distance education offerings; and
- Less costly for states and institutions and, thereby, the students they serve.
Ozark Christian College is authorized to offer distance education (either through SARA or by state exemption status) in all 50 states.