Facebook Image

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Are there any scholarships available for preachers' kids or missionary kids?
A: None through our office are specifically for them, but we do encourage you to apply for Institutional & Memorial Grants. You can also check out the internet's largest free scholarship search at fastweb.com.

Q: Do I have to turn in my and my parents' tax forms?
A: Not initially. If the results of your FAFSA come back that you have been selected for verification, we will contact you via email requesting your and your parents' tax return transcripts from the IRS.

Q: How will I find out how much Pell I can get?
A: After you have completed your FAFSA, you will receive an estimated amount of Pell from the Department of Education. Once we have received all necessary documents we will notify you via email when your completed awards package, which will include Pell, is available on your Net Partner account.

Q: How much Pell grant can I get?
A: It depends on your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and your enrollment status. Your EFC is computed by the Department of Education from your FAFSA. The maximum Pell Grant for 2018-2019 is $6,095 for the year, half each semester.

Q: What is the maximum amount of money my parents can make in order for me to still be eligible for Pell?
A: Everyone should apply, even if you think you won't qualify. The government doesn't just look at the amount of earnings. They also consider factors such as assets, number of people in the household, number of family members in college, etc.

Q: What is Net Partner, and how do I access it?
A: Net Partner is the web portal where students will find their financial aid information. Once we receive a student's FAFSA, an email is sent to the student with their log in information. The student will register as a first-time user and create their password.

Q: My parents didn't claim me on their taxes. Am I considered independent?
A: That is not a factor the government considers for dependency status. Your dependency status is determined by the 10 yes/no questions on the FAFSA.

Q: Can my parents receive information about my Financial Aid?
A: Student information is protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). All information is confidential and can only be shared after a student gives permission to release their information on their student web portal in the Set FERPA Permissions tab.

Q: Do you offer state grants?
A: Since we are a private religious college, our students are not eligible to receive state aid. However, you can get the maximum amount of federal funds available that you qualify for.

Q: How will my Pell Grant be affected if I am getting married this year?
A: If you plan to get married during the calendar year, please call us before filling out your FAFSA for information that could affect the amount of financial aid you are eligible for.

Q: Does the College have a Drug Violation Penalty Policy? A federal or state drug conviction can disqualify a student for federal student aid funds. The student self-certifies in applying for aid that he is eligible; you’re not required to confirm this unless you have conflicting information.
A: Convictions only count if they were for an offense that occurred during a period of enrollment for which the student was receiving Title IV aid—they do not count if the offense was not during such a period. Also, a conviction that was reversed, set aside, or removed from the student’s record does not count, nor does one received when she was a juvenile, unless she was tried as an adult.

The chart below illustrates the period of ineligibility for FSA funds, depending on whether the conviction was for sale or possession and whether the student had previous offenses. (A conviction for sale of drugs includes convictions for conspiring to sell drugs.)

Period of Ineligibility for FSA funds

Number of Offenses Possession of Illegal Drugs Sale of Illegal Drugs
1st offense 1 year from date of conviction 2 years from date of conviction
2nd offense 2 years from date of conviction Indefinite period
3+ offenses Indefinite period Indefinite period

If the student was convicted of both possessing and selling illegal drugs, and the periods of ineligibility are different, the student will be ineligible for the longer period.

Q: How does a student regain eligibility for federal student aid funds following a drug violation?
A: A student regains eligibility the day after the period of ineligibility ends or when he successfully completes a qualified drug rehabilitation program. Further drug convictions will make him ineligible again.

Students denied eligibility for an indefinite period can regain it only after successfully completing a rehabilitation program as described below or if a conviction is reversed, set aside, or removed from the student’s record so that fewer than two convictions for sale or three convictions for possession remain on the record. In such cases, the nature and dates of the remaining convictions will determine when the student regains eligibility. It is the student’s responsibility to certify to you that she has successfully completed the rehabilitation program; as with the conviction question on the FAFSA, you are not required to confirm the reported information unless you have conflicting information.

When a student regains eligibility during the award year, schools may award Pell, ACG, and Campus-based aid for the current payment period and Direct loans for the period of enrollment.

Standards for a qualified drug rehabilitation program

A qualified drug rehabilitation program must include at least two unannounced drug tests and must satisfy at least one of the following requirements:

If you have any questions concerning your financial aid, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected] or 417.626.1234 ext. 2027 or ext 2043.

Scroll To Top