Health Center Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where is the Student Health Center located?
- Richardson Health Center is located in lower level of the Mabee Student Center.
2. What hours is the Health Center open?
3. Do I need an appointment?
- No. However, appointments are recommended, but walk-ins are welcome. We see patients in the following order: emergencies, appointments, walk-ins.
4. How do I make an appointment?
- Call 417-626-1213 during office hours or stop by the Health Center.
5. What services are available?
- Call or refer to Services link. All services are confidential.
6. How do I get care after-hours, weekends and holidays?
During hours when the Health Center is closed, students may go to:
- Freeman Urgent Care: Joplin, 1130 East 32nd Street, (417) 347-2273
- Freeman Urgent Care: Webb City, 1010 South Madison, (417) 347-2273
- Mercy Express Care, 1313 South Rangeline, (417) 623-2207
- Freeman Hospital emergency room, 1102 West 32, (417) 347-6656
- Mercy Hospital emergency room, 100 Mercy Way, (417) 556-2300
7. What do I do in case of emergency?
- Dial 911 to request an ambulance