Southern Hills Baptist Church
Southern Hills Baptist Church is a growing Southern Baptist church in Northeastern Oklahoma. The church was planted in the 1970’s and has a very stable history with staff members and enjoys a good reputation in the community. Southern Hills has a new Senior Pastor, and is experiencing dynamic growth as we impact new families. We are multi-generational and wish to maintain a blended worship style, with a fair mix of hymns and contemporary praise and worship, led in a way in which Christ is honored and God is glorified.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|2||120||Miami, OK United States|
Miami, OK 74354
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Worship/Music||Worship Leader or Worship Pastor||Paid Part-Time||10-15|
JOB DESCRIPTION: Part-time Worship Leader
The primary responsibilities of the part-time worship leader will be to lead a thoroughly blended worship service, and grow the music ministry at Southern Hills. This person is directly accountable to the Senior Pastor. The candidate will possess an adaptable skill set and leadership capabilities, which will enable a worship ministry to grow with us as we add a second service and develop special worship events on campus and in our community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Continue to grow and mature in Christ as a godly person of integrity. Strong sense of calling and identity in Christ. Demonstrated leadership in being able to disciple those in his/her sphere of influence.
2. Provide leadership, vision, and passion for Southern Hills in the area of music worship ministries that is in line with the overall vision, purpose and mission of our church. Lead in creating and implementing new worship opportunities, which align with the mission and vision at Southern Hills.
3. Coordinate with the Senior Pastor to create and lead two well-planned and engaging Sunday morning worship services and one Sunday Evening service. This includes leading the Sunday Worship services and recruiting and developing a worship team, and scheduling vocalists. Responsibilities include preparation for and leading rehearsals, as well as consulting with the Senior Pastor to coordinate the music for the Sunday services.
4. Proficiency in leading worship with a strong vocal ability. Capability of leading and with a guitar and/or keyboard is a plus, but not a requirement. Ability to lead with piano accompaniment is necessary.
5. Develop and administer an annual budget for the worship ministry in accordance with the financial policies of the church.
6. Attend a weekly staff meeting with the Senior Pastor, and participate in the planning and implementation of church programs that will fulfill the mission and vision of the church.
7. Assist in planning, implementing and leading worship for special events outside of Sunday worship services.
8. When available, perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
9. Either currently is a member of, or willing and qualified to join the membership of Southern Hills Baptist Church upon hiring in full agreement of our statement of faith.
10. It is anticipated that the duties associated with this position will take no less than 12 and no more than 14 hours per week.
Job Description Document
The candidate will possess an adaptable skill set and leadership capabilities, which will enable a worship ministry to grow with us as we add a second service and develop special worship events on campus and in our community. INTERESTED CANDIDATES: Please submit your resume in PDF form, including 3 references, to the following email address. Please use “Attention Worship Leader Search Committee” as the subject line of your email. Also, please include links to any social media platforms to which you post, blog, or post photos. Thank you. email@example.com