Journey Christian Church
Independent Christian Church in the Greater New Orleans Area of Louisiana.
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|2||85||New Orleans, LA United States|
phone (504) 831 1811
Jefferson, LA 70121
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Grade School||Children's Minister||Paid Part-Time||10-15|
Students desiring to be a Children’s Pastor , Early Childhood Director or Preschool Director
The Children and Family Ministry Intern at Journey Christian Church will work with an existing team of volunteers to ensure ministry to children and their families. Key areas of focus for our Children and Family Ministry includes children’s worship and classroom instruction, special events for families, as well as administrative systems within the Children’s Ministry department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities May Include:
- Communication with and coordination of volunteer staff
- Build and maintain calendar of events and programs
- Visitor follow up for children and families
- Assist administratively (marketing, room usage,classroom supplies and data base creation and maintenance) and in program development such as VBS or Kids camp.
- Facilitate Volunteer Orientation and Training.
- Communicate Journeytown Policies and Procedures
- Serve as role model for Christ’s love to children, volunteers, and parents.
- Develop strong relationships with children and parents.
- Assist in evaluating programs and classroom operations.
- Recruit, interview, and process applications and background checks for volunteers.
- Develop and maintain a volunteer schedule.
- Prepare classrooms for children’s services by checking for safety & cleanliness standards, setting up supplies, cleaning of nursery toys and linens laundered, etc.
- Manage volunteers, welcome and assist visitors in finding classrooms and obtaining information during services.
- Ensure usage of safety policies, classroom rules and discipline, diapering proocedures, allergy precautions and any other guidelines needed for proper supervision and care for the children that are in the volunteer handbook.
- Assist with Baby and Family Dedication services.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org