Christian Church of Hillsboro
Non-denominational Stone Campbell Christian Church
|Church/Organization Employee||Average Attendance||Location|
|1||70||Hillsboro, OR United States|
Hillsboro, OR 97124
|Position Category||Position Title||Position Type||Weekly Hours|
|Preaching/Senior||Senior Pastor||Paid Full-Time||30-40+|
1. Agreement with and participation in the Mission and vision of CCH.
2. Provide Spiritual insight and encouragement to the church, our elected leaders, and staff.
3. Assume normal preaching duties of planning, preparing, and delivering relevant Biblical Messages.
4. Seek to lead persons into a personal, saving relationship with God through faith in Jesus Christ.
5. Perform the ordinance of Baptism and assist in the Lord’s Supper.
6. Assume Shepherding care for special needs situations such as
I. Ministering to the sick and bereaved.
II. Counseling when needed.
III. Handling problematic people and situations.
IV. Crisis Management
7. Work with the eldership in leading and ministering to our congregation and community.
8. Empower others to actively participate in the ministry by:
I. Shepherd other staff. Invest time with every staff member for counsel and encouragement.
II. Encourage and disciple Elders.
III. Develop new leaders and leadership opportunities.
9. Teach classes as needed.
10. Cultivate spiritual growth in the current membership.
11. Officiate as needed for weddings, funerals, etc.
12. Plan for all revival and other special services of general interest.
13. Assist the leadership of our church in developing the vision for our future.
14. Provide time for personal growth through a program of study, devotional life, scheduled personal and family time, continuing education and extra church involvement.
15. Cooperate with other ministers in local ministerial fellowship to develop understanding and fellowship between churches.
16. Provide leadership and guidance in all areas of church life.
Job Description Document