<< Faculty/Staff Directory<< Back to previous page
Shane J. WoodProfessor of New Testament
Wood.Shane@OCC.eduPersonal Web Site
- Christian Life
- Doctrine of Christ
- Introduction to the Gospels
- New Testament Introduction
Shane J. can be scheduled to speak at your church or organization on the following topics:
- Eschatology (i.e., the Last Days, End Times, Rapture, etc.)
- Living the Christian Life
- New Testament Book - Acts (Early Christianity)
- New Testament Book - Revelation
View OCC's full list of
available speakers and their topics!
- 2004, Bachelor of Biblical Literature (Ozark Christian College)
- 2004, Bachelor of Theology in New Testament (Ozark Christian College)
- 2008, Masters of Arts in New Testament (Lincoln Christian University)
- 2008, Masters of Divinity (Lincoln Christian University)
- Ph.D. from the University of Edinburgh (UK)--Dissertation title: "The Alter-Imperial Paradigm: Empire Studies and the Book of Revelation"
- Christ's Church of Harrisonville, Senior Minister, Harrisonville, MO (2002-2004)
- High Hill Christian Church, Associate Minister, High Hill, MO (2004-2007)
- Institute for Christian Resources, Associate Director, Joplin, MO (2007-2009)
- Ozark Christian College, Director of Youth Minister Relations, Joplin, MO (2009-2011)
- Ozark Christian College, Professor of New Testament, Joplin, MO (2011-Present)
Writings and Publications:
- "New Starting Points in the Quest of the Historical Jesus: A Book Review of Etiene Nodet, The Historical Jesus?: Necessity and Limits of an Enquiry" in Expository Times (Sept 2012)
- "Jesus Didn't Live a 'Christian Life,' and We Shouldn't Either (Part 1)--The List or a Lifestyle: The Problem with Spiritual Disciplines" at www.moreatstake.com
- "Jesus Didn't Live a 'Christian Life,' and We Shouldn't Either (Part 1)--The List or a Lifestyle: On Not Beginning with the End" at www.moreatstake.com
- "The Sword that Divides: The Differing Political Programs of John the Baptist and Jesus in the Gospel of Matthew" at the College Theology Society Conference (New York, New York 2011)
- "The Alter-Imperial Triumphal Procession: A Socio-Cultural Interpretation of the Release of Satan (Rev 20:7-10)" at the British New Testament Conference (Nottingham, England 2011)
- "Simplifying the Number of the Beast (Rev 13:18): An Interpretation of 666 and 616" in Dragons, John, and Every Grain of Sand edited by Shane J. Wood (2011)
- "An Alter-Imperial Reading of the Release of Satan (Rev 20:7-10)" in Dragons, John, and Every Grain of Sand edited by Shane J. Wood (2011)
- "In Defense of Eschatology: Does Studying Revelation Really Matter?" in Dragons, John, and Every Grain of Sand edited by Shane J. Wood (2011)
- Dragons, John, and Every Grain of Sand: Essays on the Book of Revelation, edited by Shane J. Wood (Joplin, MO: College Press, 2011), 325 pages.
Personal Information:Married to Sara Wood since 2003.
Has four kids: Zion (2004), Paige (2006), Maddox (2007), and Robert (2012).