How Do I Qualify?
HIGH SCHOOL students: This scholarship will be awarded to those students who meet one of the following requirements:
- 18 or above on the ACT composite score or 850 on the SAT.
- Cumulative grade point average of at least 2.500 through first semester of senior year.
For transfer students, the GPA is based upon the last academic experience.
TRANSFER students: This scholarship will be awarded to students who meet the following requirement:
- Cumulative grade point average of at least 2.500 based upon the last academic experience.
How Much Is It Worth?
The first semester award is $650.00. Future awards will be based on grade point average each semester as follows:
- 2.500 - 2.999 = $325.00
- 3.000 - 3.699 = $650.00
- 3.700 - 4.000 = $975.00
The award is applied per semester to those students enrolled in 12 or more credit hours in a degree or certificate program. Those on co-op programs are included if they are following the co-op guidelines as shown in the current OCC catalog.
Once the scholarship is awarded, it can be renewed each semester by meeting these renewal requirements:
- The student has the above grade point average in the previous semester.
- The student is enrolled in 12 or more credit hours per semester. If a student loses the scholarship in any semester, it can be renewed following the completion of a semester during which the requirements are met.
NOTE: You may "stack" scholarships. This means that you can use all of them that you may accumulate to pay for your tuition at OCC. All scholarships are for degree seeking students only, apply to tuition only, are not cash awards, are not transferable, and cannot be used for audit hours.
If a student qualifies all eight semesters during a four-year 131-hour degree program, the scholarship could be worth $7,475.00. The maximum worth to a student who qualifies each semester over a five-year program would be $9,425.00.
How Do I Apply?
Only two documents are needed to get things moving:
- ACT test report (be sure and put OCC down as one of your college choices when you take the ACT test)
- High School transcript showing cumulative grade point average through first semester of senior year. (Simply ask your high school guidance counselor to send a copy of your official transcript to OCC.)
When Is The Deadline?
August 5 for the Fall semester and
January 5 for the Spring semester.