No Separate Application Required
Ozark offers a number of automatic scholarships to domestic students. By completing your application to Ozark, you are considered for a number of automatic scholarship awards. Automatic scholarships are awarded based upon your cumulative GPA and college entrance exam scores (ACT or SAT) at the time of application (Click on the image to the left to determine award level). There is no need to make any special requests -- when your GPA and ACT or SAT scores meet the award threshold, the Admissions Office will automatically award these scholarships upon acceptance. A student can receive only one automatic scholarship. The full value of the scholarship will be split equally between the fall and the spring semester. Students attending only the fall or spring semester will only receive the half value of the scholarship.
The automatic scholarship is applied per semester to those students enrolled in 12 or more credit hours in a degree program. Those in co-op programs are included if they are following the co-op guidelines as shown in the current OCC catalog.
Once the scholarship is awarded, it can be renewed each year by meeting these renewal requirements:
- The student maintains a 2.5 cumulative grade point average. If a student loses the scholarship at the end of an academic year, it can be renewed following the completion of the NEXT academic year by achieving the 2.5 cumulative GPA requirement again.
- The student is enrolled in 12 or more credit hours per semester.
NOTE: You may "stack" scholarships. This means that you can use all of them that you may accumulate to pay for your tuition at OCC. All scholarships are for degree seeking students only, apply to tuition only, are not cash awards, are not transferable, and cannot be used for audit hours.
If a student qualifies for the largest automatic scholarship, the Trustees' scholarship, for all eight semesters during a four-year 131-hour degree program, the scholarship could be worth $8,280. The maximum worth to a student who qualifies each semester over a five-year program would be $10,350.
How Do I Apply?
Only two documents are needed to get things moving:
- ACT test report (be sure and put OCC down as one of your college choices when you take the ACT test)
- High School and/or college transcript showing cumulative grade point average. (Simply ask your high school guidance counselor to send a copy of your official transcript to OCC.)
When Is The Deadline?
August 5 for the Fall semester and
January 5 for the Spring semester.
* Students who are not required to take the ACT/SAT because they have completed an associates or bachelors degree, and/or are over the age of 25, their level of automatic scholarship will be determined by Enrollment Services.
NOTE: In November 2014. the old Trustees' scholarship was eliminated and the new Automatic Scholarship was created. Any previous awards of the Trustees' scholarship are now under the eligibility requirements and tuition value of the Automatic Scholarship as stated above. Tuition values and eligibility terms are evaluated annually, and are subject to change.