How to Apply: International Students
- Familiarize yourself with the application process and financial requirements of an education at Ozark Christian College by reading the International Student Guide (PDF).
- Complete the Student Information Form in its entirety. If any part of the form is not completed, the applicant will not be considered.
- Provide, in writing, official evidence (sponsorship letter(s) and sponsor's bank statements) of complete financial support for the applicant's annual educational costs at OCC as shown on the Cost of Education Sheet.
- If the English language is not the official language of the applicant's country of origin, they will need to take and pass the Test Of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 550 on the "written exam," or 213 on the "computer based exam," or 79-80 on the "internet-based test." Please have the score sent to OCC. Our TOEFL registration number is 6542.
- Complete the OCC online Application and pay the $30.00 (US) application fee. The following items must accompany the enrollment application:
- Essay for Admission. Please write a one page response (approximately 500 words) to the following: Please tell us your reasons for selecting Ozark Christian College and your personal goals after college. You may e-mail your essay to Admissions@OCC.edu.
- A letter of recommendation from a minister or missionary in the applicant's country.
- A letter of recommendation from one other church leader in the applicant's country.
- A letter of recommendation from the applicant's employer.
- A letter of recommendation from a school teacher in the applicant's country. (None of the above letters of recommendation may be from any of the applicant's relatives. Each recommendation must be from a different person and must be written in English.)
- Official transcripts in English of all educational credits received by the applicant since the eighth-grade level.
- OCC Application for I-20.
Mail all the above completed forms and correspondence to:
Ozark Christian College
Attn: Director of Admissions
1111 North Main Street
Joplin, MO 64801
This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant students.