Online Learning: Summer 2014
Ozark Christian College offers an increasing number of online classes for students who need a little more flexibility in their college schedule. We will be launching a fully online degree in the fall of 2015. Our 8-week online clases contain comparable content and workload to our on-campus classes. With added flexibility comes the need for self-discipline. Students need a reliable computer and Internet connection in order to participate at multiple times throughout the week.
As an online student, you will experience the same quality, college-level learning that you would in an OCC classroom. Our online classes are facilitated by Moodle, a virtual classroom management system.
Dates and Costs (top)
- Spring 2014 student bills must be paid by 5:00 p.m. (CDT) on May 23, 2014.
- Application Deadline: 11:55 p.m. (CDT), May 27, 2014
- Enrollment Deadline: NOON (CDT), June 2, 2014
- Approximate cost for a 3 hour course (tuition, books, fees, etc.): $1,250
- All non-current OCC students must complete the online application.
- A $10 application fee will be charged.
- All Admissions requirements must be completed (or be a current OCC student)
- Online enrollment is for students taking only online courses (no internships, readings, seminars or on-campus courses)
- Payment is expected in full unless you have otherwise communicated with the Business Office (417-626-1234, x2024)
Online Courses (top)
| 8 Week OCC Online Learning Courses
(3 Credit hours each, except Theological Integration for Ministry, which is 2 Credit hours.)
|(June 2, 2014-July 27, 2014)
- DO 125 L Christ and the Bible
- DO 440 L Theological Integration for Ministry
- HI 322 L Church History 2
- NT 240 L Hebrews
- NT 248 L Luke
- OT 330 L Psalms
- OT 455 L Messianic Prophecy
- PI 364 L Christian Apologetics and Worldview
Online Course Policies
Required Course Tools/Connectivity (top)
Successful participation in this course requires the student to possess or obtain (and know how to use) the following in addition to course books:
- One fully functional and adequately performing computer (recommended to be less than 3 years old), free of known viruses and equipped with virus protection.
- An updated browser (Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, or Internet Explorer).
- Updated plug-ins: Adobe Flash Player, Adobe Acrobat Reader, RealPlayer (Basic), Apple QuickTime Player, Java v7 or higher.
- Word processor that can publish or save into either Word or .rtf format (MS Word or OpenOffice recommended).
- Access to an academic (@my.occ.edu) email address.
- Daily access to a reliable internet connection of at least 1MB/s speed
- A webcam and mic (typically integrated on most laptops).