The OCC Preaching Festival
We are so glad that you are interested in participating in this year's OCC Preaching Festival at the 2013 Deeper Life Event (April 26-27). All Seniors, male or female, who have an interest in preaching are eligible. Finalists will be chosen to present a 10-Minute sermon at Deeper Life. In order to apply to be one of the finalists we need you to:
- Fill out the application that is located here.
- Have a minister submit a recommendation letter to PreachingFestival@OCC.edu containing a description of your Christian character, your Christian service, and your communication abilities.
- Submit a 5-minute video testimony describing your call to Christ and your call to preach. To do this, simply record yourself on your computer or mobile device, upload it on YouTube (account required), and send a video link to PreachingFestival@OCC.edu (if you choose to keep it private, be sure to add this email).
The application, Minister Recommendation Letter and Video Testimony must be received by March 25th, 2013. Finalists will be selected and contacted shortly thereafter. At that time you will be presented with the rules of the festival and the theme of the sermon to be preached at Deeper Life.
Dir. Preaching Department
Professor of Preaching and Ministry
All sermons will be preached between 2:00 PM and 6:00 PM on Friday, April 26th with the scholarship recipients announced that evening. The awards will be as follows:
- 1st Place: $5,200 in tuition (16 hours equivalence)
- 2nd Place: $4,500 in tuition (14 hours)
- 3rd Place: $3,900 in tuition (12 hours)
- 4th Place: $3,250 in tuition (10 hours)
All other participants in the festival will receive an $1,950 scholarship (6 hours). The tuition scholarship will be awarded upon enrollment as a full-time (12 hours), degree seeking student at Ozark Christian College.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to receiving your application for consideration. If you have questions please submit them to: PreachingFestival@OCC.edu
Blessings to you as you pursue the high call of preaching.