Tuesday Tour FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions about Tuesday Tours
- What time do I need to arrive for my Tuesday Tour? What time can I expect to depart? Is it necessary for me to participate in all the day's scheduled events?
- Our Tuesday Tour programs begin at 8:30am and wraps up at 3:00pm. Please plan to arrive at the Mabee Student Center to check in between 7:45 and 8:30. In order to be eligible for the $500 scholarship, you must participate in all of the events scheduled for the day.
- What do I need to bring with me for my Tuesday Tour?
- You only need to bring toiletries if you are staying overnight and any application material you would like to turn in - though you may also fill your application out online or while you are here. In some special cases, especially when larger groups stay overnight, we may ask you to bring bedding for your stay. However, unless otherwise directed by Admissions staff, you will not need to bring bedding or towels.
- I have been asked to fill out an application for admissions. Will I need to bring all of the supporting application materials (letters of reference, transcripts, application fee, etc.) with me?
- If you would like to turn in any application materials you have ready, please feel free to bring them with you. In order to be eligible for the $500 scholarship, you will only need to complete the one-page application before or during your visit to campus. The other application materials, including the application fee, may be sent at a later date. For more information regarding application materials or to access any of our application forms, please visit our Admissions page.
- Should my parent(s) plan to attend all of the day's events with me?
- We encourage parents to participate in as much or as little of the Tuesday Tour program as they would like. Some parents enjoy participating in all aspects of the day, while others choose to participate in only specific segments. Most parents find the Financial Aid/Admissions Workshop particularly helpful. Please contact the Admissions department if you have further questions about which portions of the day you should attend.
- What college expenses can the scholarship be used for?
- This scholarship can be applied to your tuition or room and board only.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact our Campus Visit Coordinator by phone at 417-626-1234 x2022 or by e-mail at CampusVisit@OCC.edu.