Declaration and Certification of Finances for International Students
There are strict U.S. government regulations which decide who may receive Form I-20. The Certificate of Eligibility for F-1 (Student) Status-Form I-20 may be issued only to students who have been admitted to Ozark Christian College and given us documents providing the ability to live and study here for the years needed to complete your program without employment. To receive the form, you must complete the form accurately (Section 5) and return them to the Director of Admissions at the College along with the requested supporting documents that prove the financial ability of yourself and/or your sponsors. Unacceptable documents will be rejected and returned to you. Please read the instructions carefully. There are not exceptions to the rules. Acceptable documents must be submitted at least two weeks in advance of issuance of a Form I-20.
a. FINANCIAL DOCUMENTS
We are strict about financial documents for two reasons:
- We try to be as demanding as the toughest U.S. embassy or consulate and the Department of Homeland Security Centers. Our purpose is to be sure that Ozark Christian College’s students are not denied applications because of financial questions. In order to be fair, we require all students to meet the same standards.
- Too little money results in financial struggle and hardship for students. We insist that families think carefully about real costs of studying and living in Joplin, Missouri and make sure that students’ needs are provided for.
b. GENERAL SPONSORSHIP INFORMATION
- Sponsors should only promise what they can truly give to you.
- Bank statements must state actual dollar amounts.
- Documents must be current. We will not accept documents that are more than six months old.
- Two original sets of documents should be completed. Keep one set of originals for the visa or change-of-status application, and send the other set of originals to the OCC Admissions Department (mailing address provided on p. 3, Section 1). Please note that these supporting documents cannot be returned.
- Every dollar amount being promised must be proven with supporting documentation.
- OCC’s “International Student Grant” (if awarded to the student) may be used to qualify for an I-20.
- Funds from sponsors and your personal funds may be combined. Any combination of support is acceptable. You can have one sponsor for all support or you can have one to promise you the cash value and one to provide you with room and board. You can sponsor yourself. Just make sure that all the financial support you have equals the total amount of the budget that we need in order to issue you an I-20.
- Please make sure that you provide OCC with evidence to go with each form of support.
- Try to present all documents together as soon as you have them ready.
- If you are going to apply for an F-1 visa in your home country please understand that it is advisable that a part of your financial resources come from your home country.